Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: It Can't Be True

• Start Topic

hnHfkv8DK4lWh4wKvf2Bl5oiWaH.jpg

After an attempted murder, the crew work together to find who's responsible before it's too late.

Premiere Date: Wednesday, August 28, 2024     SyFy    10pm   

207_the-ark_photo06.jpg

Another Kelly-centric episode. Unfortunately.

I don't ever think we found out who blew up Ark 8.  They found that control device, but they never found out who triggered it.

Lati decides to try to kill Eva -- first using Kelly by controlling her implants, then by poisoning Eva with Ricin.  Lati eventually gets discovered and arrested.

Garnett finds out she matched with no one in The Juno Project -- because she's a clone.

Trust gains his freedom from his cell.  He's still an ass.

Angus and Alicia try and hook up -- until Angus vomits mid-make out.

Everyone is freaked out when they find out that Eva is Eastern Federation -- especially Brice.

(edited)

Part of my enjoyment of this show is picking up things that remind me of other (previous) shows and movies.

In this episode, the Eva reveal as EF reminded me of Earth 2. I think it'll be resolved pretty quickly with Eva proving her loyalty now to the Ark crew. 

The news about the dead Lane clones being grown and harvested for their organs reminded me of The Island.

In couples news: I think Eva and Brice will break up. The two doctors will get together. It'll continue to be a slow bonding for Sharon and Spencer.

I hope Angus' vomiting was due to nerves and/or exposure to Lati's poisoned plants and not related to his having Kelly blood.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, tv echo said:

I hope Angus' vomiting was due to nerves and/or exposure to Lati's poisoned plants and not related to his having Kelly blood.

I feel like his having Kelly's blood was set up to be something big later. 

Does it really matter if Eva is/was Eastern Federation? They are in the middle of deep space all by themselves. If they ever get to another planet and reunite with other humans chances are pretty slim there would even be other Eastern Federation people there to go to war with. They'll probably all be busy trying to survive anyway. 

They should have at least let her explain, but I guess that is next week. They like locking people up on this show.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the clones killed on the planet were really the Gen 2 clones, and the ones on the Ark are really the Gen 3.

This show is nothing if not derivative. It reminds me, one way or another, of pretty much every other Sci Fic show I've watched over the years, but it's still entertaining. Maybe that's why. Still wouldn't mind some originality. Or maybe just plugging up that hole between "cells."