Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Museum of Death

• Start Topic

So, there's still an Eastern Federation Ark-type ship out there roaming around the universe.

Eva has a secret past -- she's s criminal -- and she has a brother that she has never mentioned before, and now he's dead.

The Kelly nonsense continues to take up way too much time in the episode.

Maybe I dozed off but did they ever explain why everyone froze to death on Ark 3 ?

Ark 1 gets an upgrade by stealing the bow section from Ark 3.
Shouldn't they also to taking anything else not nailed down -- for spare parts.

• Like 3
(edited)

That was one creepy episode.  Interesting twist with Eva. At least she finally changed expression.

I'm constantly surprised that they're always keeping dangerous people in the infirmary, unrestrained, and then are surprised when these people escape and cause trouble. The showrunners continue to work hard to create sympathy for Kelly and her inevitable redemption arc.

Unless I missed it, this episode never did explain exactly how everyone on Ark 3 died or exactly why the Eastern Federation created this "museum" of dead bodies.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 3
(edited)

Maybe I dozed off but did they ever explain why everyone froze to death on Ark 3 ?

Unless I missed it, this episode never did explain exactly how everyone on Ark 3 died or exactly why the Eastern Federation created this "museum" of dead bodies.

I could be wrong, but I think Maddox, Kelly etc were responsible for the deaths on Ark 3? Unless that was a different Ark and I'm getting them confused. :P And I think Eva's brother was the one who moved the dead bodies out of the cargo hold (where the Ark 1 crew moved them last season) and posed them to make this "museum" ...because he went insane and thought they were still alive and imagined they were his friends? I don't think he was even really married to "Millie" ...just chose her corpse to be his ...um.... Corpse Bride, after his shuttle landed there? I think there was some quick dialogue about this.

I question how he was able to make the dead bodies stand up/stay in position...even if they were frozen. But I guess it's another one of those inaccurate science things the show does, so I shouldn't question it. :)

I'm with you tv echo... it's so unrealistic they keep all these clearly unstable people unrestrained in the infirmary. The man threatened to kill you all and you're not taking that seriously... just because he's Eva's brother and you feel sorry for him 'cause he snapped due to isolation (I asssume)?

I really didn't care when he died, and I guess I'm heartless but I don't really care about Eva either... or her mysterious criminal past.

At least she finally changed expression.

Haha... but did her eyebrows finally move? I feel like they're painted on, or something. (Sorry, that's mean of me. I think the actress is just trying too hard to be Serious and Intense all the time.)

Edited by chrisrose
  • Like 3

Well, that was dumb. It hasn't been long enough for Eva's brother to become delusional. The Ark 1 crew were only on Ark 3 a few weeks ago at most, and he got there after that.

I'm sad to say that the plotting and dialogue has been inferior to last season's, especially the dialogue. Too many awkward gags. And the main title music has frankly never fit the series. Not explaining exactly what the Eastern Federation's ideology is is a copout, also.

On 8/15/2024 at 8:45 AM, tv echo said:

We already knew how they died, Ark 15 attacked them with the same weapon they used against Ark 1 and the ones who didn't die in the attack were killed by Kelly when her implants were switched on. Ark 1 boarded them last season and found everyone dead except for Kelly, including Strickland's husband.

The Eastern Federation didn't pose the corpses, Eva's brother did.

On 8/15/2024 at 9:43 AM, chrisrose said:

I could be wrong, but I think Maddox, Kelly etc were responsible for the deaths on Ark 3? Unless that was a different Ark and I'm getting them confused. :P

You're not getting arks confused. Their previous encounter with Ark 3 is why they knew it was there and had parts.

On 8/16/2024 at 11:58 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Well, that was dumb. It hasn't been long enough for Eva's brother to become delusional. The Ark 1 crew were only on Ark 3 a few weeks ago at most, and he got there after that.

Sounds like Eva's brother was already a bit crazy before he got stuck on Ark 3. 

It really isn't clear how much time has been passing. And if the Eastern Federation ship was going to Proxima B, I'd have thought Ark 1 would have passed them on their way back. 

(edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 9:59 PM, KaveDweller said:

Sounds like Eva's brother was already a bit crazy before he got stuck on Ark 3.

Nothing he or Eva said about the past gave that impression. In fact, when he was talking about their past was when he was most lucid. It's contrived.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
On 8/21/2024 at 10:16 AM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Nothing he or Eva said about the past gave that impression. In fact, when he was talking about their past was when he was most lucid. It's contrived.

I got that impression when Eva was talking about how they'd lost touch. It seemed like he'd reacted badly to their sisters death and took off/cut off contact with people. Understandable, but also suggests not totally stable.