Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Episode 20

• Start Topic

Ouroboros, Part 2  

Season Finale

ca73802d-1c0055ea4aeb40c58594581fe98a65d

The timeline appears to be being restored but the weavers suddenly appear. The Protostar must at all costs return to its initial position on Tars Lamora.

The cadets fight Asencia in a battle for control of Solum and the future — but a sudden invasion by a destructive species complicates their end-game.

Premiere Date: July 1, 2024    Netflix    

Finally finished watching all 20 episodes.

Was surprised about how they tied into the events of Star Trek: Picard.

Glad that they got Chakotay back once and for all.

Now we finally know why the show is called Star Trek: Prodigy with the reveal of the USS Prodigy (NCC-81084).

Despite the fact that the USS Protostar has been put back in the past to Tars Lamora, does Solum still have a civil war ? Because if that civil war never happens there is still a paradox.

The Loom remind me a lot of the Time Wraiths from 'The Flash' TV series.

The ending tees things up nicely for a Season 3 -- if there ever is one.

Oh, Dal. I wasn’t talking about now. Things to come, wondrous and terrible things.

It would be nice to see those things. 

• Like 1

Great season! We finally got an original, smart and unrepentant villain. 

How does Gwen stick around since no civil war ruins her home world and her father has no reason to create her? 

Finally Gwen is made Captain, hurray! 
Dal behaviour always seems to calm down near the end of the seasons, but he’s still the most irritating character. 
I love that this show truly shows a united team, always relying on each other and encouraging one another. Now they even have a Vulcan with them.

Nice touch with bringing in the Picard backstory. I’m totally waiting for 7 of 9 to show up next season.

Chacotay got more character development than he ever did in Voyager, lol . 
Hologram Janeway lives. Did Admiral Janway send them on a secret mission or approved ? 

So did they not create a time paradox loop? 

• Like 2

This was great fun! And I'm so happy Gwyn ended in the captain's seat. Something I wanted to see for a very long time.

I think they made a valid effort trying to explain the time-travel shenanigans - which ultimately always remains a bit timey wimey but they tried.

And I loved all the shout-outs to various other ST and Sci Fi franchises. For me this has been the best ST show in ages. (Jury's still out on SNW.)

• Like 3

I think some of the time stuff was supposed to be self healing. But i’m not sure how they got together to escape from the mine and steal the ship. 

On 7/8/2024 at 3:11 AM, rtms77 said:

Great season! We finally got an original, smart and unrepentant villain. 

How does Gwen stick around since no civil war ruins her home world and her father has no reason to create her? 

So did they not create a time paradox loop? 

Gwyn has already been created. Her father, the Diviner, went back in time from his own timeline (the original one, where Solum gets totally wrecked). He did this already before S1, and in the "rerun" of events caused by Chakotay boarding the Protostar while escaping Solum, he did it again in S02e04 ("if the odds are 100-to-1, we will sent a 100 ships).

Now that the Protostar is back in place in the past, he can set up shop at Tars Lamora again, and create Gwyn.

Ilthuran on the other hand, has no reason to become the Diviner since the civil war is already over in this new reality, and Starfleet actually helped this time. He will be a very influential figure on a more united Solum now (post the total defeat of "The Vindicator"/older Ascencia), if not the leader.

There is no loop, the future is unwritten and for Solum it looks quite good. The Diviner and the Vindicator essentially came from another universe, and whatever happens in the one we follow in Prodigy does not affect their existence.

• Like 2