Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Behind Frenemy Lines

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Palimelon said:

And Dolores first appeared in Season 2.

She was a friend of Caroline Manzo, but later on she claimed she was Teresa's friend (I don't doubt she became close to Teresa). That's why she supported Tommy Manzo (Dina's ex husband)- it's because Caroline did. She appeared on different seasons early on. 

TBH honest Teresa was close the Manzo family as a whole back then, so it seemed like they shared many friends in common, I imagine.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Riley Burruss

I cannot think of any other HW kid that could be as lifeless as Riley Burruss...I guess the others will have to periodically check for signs of life from her.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

None of us know what happens when the cameras aren't present, and you are making assumptions about Melissa's relationship with her daughter based on the fact that her daughter is less comfortable talking about her life on camera. 

I've never heard Antonia bad-mouth Theresa or her daughters. I can't say the same for Gia or Melania. I'm not passing out mother-of-the-year awards to Theresa because her kids show up on the show supporting her. 

And Gia hasn't been quiet about her ultimate goal - which is why she gets accused of famewhoring.

Woah there,

MY opinion is that Gia and Teresa are comfortable in front of the camera and their closeness comes across as authentic and genuine hence the reason why I don't feel like Gia should stop going about her normal day even when the cameras are around. Some seem to think that Gia is supposed to change how she interacts with her mom because Teresa’s filming and I don’t get that. So I pointed out that I can totally see them having whatever conversation on or OFF camera because they’re communication isn’t awkward and I don't think Gia is walking into a room trying to steal a scene. That's all. 

My criticism for Melissa was that she’s such a try hard and wants to have that same VISUAL for us viewers that she constantly drags Antonia into frame with ridiculous conversations, or addressing Antonia specifically when pointing things out so that she has SOME kind of dialogue filmed that she hopes makes them LOOK close. I didn’t say they aren’t close, I’m just saying that Melissa tries desperately to CREATE mother, daughter moments that fail miserably while Teresa and her daughters don’t have to TRY for that dynamic.

It’s okay that Antonia doesn’t want to fawn all over the cameras. My criticism is to Melissa being such a try hard and wanting to come across like Teresa does with her daughters by constantly creating these nonsensical dialogues with Antonia. It’s so painful to watch.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Gia still lived at home, and was going to college. She only started thinking of moving out. So, it was absolutely normal to be filmed with her mother at their house.

But for some reason this seems to allude folks. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Palimelon said:

TBH honest Teresa was close the Manzo family as a whole back then, so it seemed like they shared many friends in common, I imagine.

She was close to Dina because they were closer in age. Caroline was a lot older. 

True, but my point there was a lot of friendships between some of these people that do pre-date the show, regardless of how some of them of them choose to identify themselves now, ie, being Teresa's friend versus being Caroline or Dina's friend.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Palimelon said:

True, but my point there was a lot of friendships between some of these people that do pre-date the show, regardless of how some of them of them choose to identify themselves now, ie, being Teresa's friend versus being Caroline or Dina's friend.

That's why the relationships were effortless in the past, but they appear forced now that random individuals joined the show. 

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I cannot think of any other HW kid that could be as lifeless as Riley Burruss...I guess the others will have to periodically check for signs of life from her.

I checked, and it seems she was a Music major, and just graduated from NYU. 

• Useful 1