Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Burning Down the House

• Start Topic

Acapulco3x10Small.thumb.jpg.52094ef8b1244f783378e21fccee66f5.jpg

(Season Finale) 

In 1985, Maximo makes a last-ditch effort to undo his mistake and protect Las Colinas. Present-day Maximo makes a massive decision.

Premiere Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2024    Apple TV+ 

Wasn’t really expecting that ending, obviously they’re anticipating another season.  Just not quite sure they can….. the final episode just didn’t come together for me.

• Like 1

I’m hoping if there is a next season they still flashback for most of it. Not interested in the present being the focus. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I was SHOCKED. I genuinely expected that last scene between Máximo and Julia to be him asking her to give their relationship another chance in the future and the show would end there for good. When he kept going on and on about making Las Colinas great again (heh), I thought it was just his awkward, roundabout way of doing it. I yelled at the TV when the episode ended without us getting to know Julia's answer.

I don't know how I feel about this, because if there is no season 4 this is just a really deflated note to end on, and the way things ended for Máximo in the 80s was not the most uplifting, either. I really hope they did this because they know they have a reasonably good chance of being renewed and not as a last resort to keep from being cancelled.

The resolution to Sara's storyline, while heartwarming with how Nora and Esteban were involved, was also a bit meh since she barely said two words after the big reveal, and we didn't even get to see Nora interact for the first time with her daughter and a girl she was (sort of) going out with.

All that being said, I desperately want a fourth season because I just adore the universe of this little show. They really know how to warm the cockles of my heart in a very natural and organic way, and I love all of these characters so much.

Also, I thought perhaps they found a non-Colombian actress to play older Julia and that was why most of her solo scenes with Máximo were in English, which didn't make much sense in the context of the show. In any case, she was HAWT.

Edited by Niuxita
  • Like 2
(edited)

I've read various stories from the producers that hint that a fourth season is very possible.  I can't cite a source, but I've read that it does well internationally, especially in Latin American markets.   Also, Lin Manuel-Miranda's father played older Beto in the finale.  If Acapulco has captured Miranda's attention, it's a good sign for another season.  

There are definitely more stories to tell.  I'd be really disappointed if a season four doesn't happen.

Edited by Phebemarie
  • Applause 1