Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E04: Auditions 4

• Start Topic

The auditions continue as variety acts featuring contestants of all ages audition for the chance to win $1 million; there are more golden buzzers than ever before, each sending a lucky act directly to the live shows to compete for America's vote.

African kids dance group had some cool tricks.

Father/son rappers...not a rap fan so I'm withholding judgment on their talent level, kid's cute, want to cut that stupid little rat tail off dad's head. I couldn't understand half of what they said.

Trick pool shots were cool (not a million dollar act, though) and Simon and Sofia were rude. Though I'm sure that was in the script.

'I used to dance with humans but they're flimsy. Also my robot dance partner's arms just broke off a little while ago.' 😄

Irish(?) singer...omgstoptalkingandsingyoursongalready. She has a nice voice.

Daks Dominoes...they're 23?! I thought they were gonna say they were in high school! Dominoes were cool but all the drama about being quiet and then the cups falling (shut up, Howie) was very irritating. Though I am tired and cranky tonight, so maybe it's just me.

Maya Neelakantan...she's 10?! She and the domino twins look like they could go to school together. Wow, she's good. Was not expecting that music to go with the traditional dress.

Roller skating group...so Howie watches a lot of pool trick shots and roller skating online...interesting. They had a few cool tricks but I was kinda bored and found the pattern on their leggings distracting. Didn't help that the cameras cut away from the act every five seconds.

Psychic emotional support chicken...sure, why not? (Is bathing with a chicken just making soup? 🤔) Seems she just picks the card closest to her. Can't explain the egg. (A little surprised Howie was willing to get raw egg all over his hands.)

Singing siblings from the Philippines..."stop and sing it differently." Aren't you tired of this stupid schtick, Simon? And they just happened to have a whole arrangement without the backing track ready, what a coincidence. (Because I do not believe for one second that that arrangement was meant to be sung with music.)

Zach from Australia...stop talking, Heidi. There are seven minutes left, let's get to it. Wow, I was expecting a solo contemporary dance or something. (Could have done without the random closeup of Sofia yelling.) That was very cool. The golden buzzer bit with Howie was annoying. (Again, tired and cranky. I should go to bed.)

• Like 3

Ladies and gentlemen, the next cast of Starlight Express

Can we get age verification on Maya? But girl can play. Psychic chicken. Uh, Sure? Not the strangest act that's been on this show. Certainly isn't worth a million bucks. Teenage dad and son rappers were a just okay novetly but I wouldn't have passed them through. Hand balancer with the robot partner was unexpected but now that the element of surprise is gone not sure how he can make it bigger and better.

Dance troupe was good but not Golden Buzzer worthy. Not sure anyone on tonight was. 

• Like 1

.   I think The Mayyas and Avantgardey set the bar high when it comes to dance groups.  This dance group were good but not amazing.

.   I wonder what is Howie's criteria for a Golden Buzzer performance?

.   The dude with a robot dance partner made me laugh but the act will get old real fast.

.   A big "no" to the father and son rap act.  I couldn't understand one word from either of them.

.   That acapella group sounded awful with or without the track.  Just saying.

.   The dominos dudes act was pretty neat but I think they should've had a smaller act and then build a bigger one in the later rounds.

.   There seems to be more people questioning why there are so many international acts and why the show's called America's Got Talent when very few are from the US.  I get tired of explaining the difference between America's and Americans.  Oh well, someday they will figure it out.

I'm ready for the next round.  I'm tired of the auditions! 

• Like 2
(edited)

The domino act was okay once they got to it, but all the fake drama over emptying the theater and then everyone whispering was ridiculous. I laughed out loud when everyone was being soooo quiet and then the domino twins take their mics and boom out "HI! GREAT TO BE HERE!"

Edited by Tango64
  • Like 3

There seems to be a relatively new career specialty in the tv industry now: the ability to act totally awestruck, amazed, and astonished at mundane performances or reveals. AGT features some of the most talented in this field, with the editors spending about 60% of the time showing the judges and Crews being out of their mind with disbelief.

See also: The Masked Singer.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

The most mediocracy of the season on display in this one.

The dance troupes were as pedestrian as can be.  Aside from the excellent misdirection by the Zach's, everything was slower and more lumbering than the average AGT troupe.  Weakest GB evah.  The choreo for each of them was disconnected much too much.  I loved the Ugandan children, but their dancing is just not good enough.

I am a huuuuge Eric Carmen fan (RIP).  That was one of the worst vocal arrangements of his work I have ever heard.  That is not to say the singers were not talented.  They were.  

Dominos is better as a pizza.  

Not sure as to the chops of the guitarist.  She certainly did well enough to go through.  

Billiards dude needs to take a cue and find a producer.

It was a breath of fresh air to not have any solo singers.  More of this, please.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Like 2