Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Opportunity Cost

• Start Topic

I finally watched this episode and I liked everyone in it.  Timber and the other good ol' boy are quirky but seem to have amazing skills.  The woman seemed very confident without any arrogance so I was surprised when she opted to wade into cold water when she didn't even have a fire going at her campsite.  That was foolish.  I still like Peter the librarian/black belt/etc.

If I was going to bemoan missing a moose, I probably wouldn't do it slouched against a tree with an axe between my legs.  I was afraid we were going to see another freak accident.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

As a lazy old broad who needs a bed with a mattress every night so camping is a hard NO, I am always impressed with skilled outdoors people. Watching Jake fashion a little charcoal container out of bark and twigs is fascinating. Peter weaving together his willow dome, so interesting! I can't wait to see the different structures handle the cold and snow. We'll see which are most appropriate for the climate. 

However, I was rolling my eyes hard at the supreme self-confidence of the Great Moose Hunter and kind of snickered when he couldn't bag it. 

So far I'm leaning towards picking Jake as my imaginary boyfriend, with Peter as my sidepiece. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Red Bridey said:

I am always impressed with skilled outdoors people. Watching Jake fashion a little charcoal container out of bark and twigs is fascinating. Peter weaving together his willow dome, so interesting! I can't wait to see the different structures handle the cold and snow. We'll see which are most appropriate for the climate. 

I was amazed at the charcoal tinder box!  Surprised that we haven't seen that in prior seasons, if it's truly a primitive fire-starting skill.  

I, too, am impressed with the different types of shelter structures that the various contestants are building this year.  Looking forward to seeing how they all withstand the elements.  

As a bowhunter, it seemed to me that the moose was still too far away for a successful shot.  It was coming towards him, he probably should have had just a little more patience...

• Like 3
4 hours ago, cowgirlwen said:

I was amazed at the charcoal tinder box!  Surprised that we haven't seen that in prior seasons, if it's truly a primitive fire-starting skill.  

We haven't seen the box, but we have seen some people make the charcoal before.