Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Most Eligible Superman

• Start Topic

supergirl-my-adventures-with-superman.jp

Lois and Clark's relationship is pushed to the breaking point when Superman is named Metropolis' most eligible bachelor; Jimmy gives a girl a tour of the city; a girl is on a mission to find her long-lost cousin.

Premiere Date: June 16, 2024   Adult Swim   Midnight

Kiana Madeira as Kara Zor-El / Supergirl

GPom09kWUAEkuQJ?format=jpg&name=large

Yay, I was wondering where Cat Grant was this season! Of course she'd find her way to the Bachelor & Bachelorette auction.

And loved finally seeing Android 18 Kara. Well, he had to be shipped with someone, and I got a chuckle out of her eating up his Flamebird money. And turning out to be that mysterious Kryptonian that was traveling to Earth was a great twist. And who else thought it was gonna be Zod? And she is NOT happy to see Clark got soft. So she's less Android 18 and more like Raditz.

So much shit hit the fan at once. I'm excited to see where this goes. And the show got picked up for season 3!

• Like 1

This was a great episode. I just really love this version of Superman, to me this is the most likable I've seen the character since probably Christopher Reeve, honestly. He's so sweet and nice, of course everyone is in love with him. Jack Quaid is doing a great job too.

• Like 1
On 6/16/2024 at 2:59 PM, baldryanr said:

Say, didn't Hank mention having a wife a few episodes ago?  Why is he considered an eligible bachelor?

Maybe the  grand romantic gesture of flying his wife to Paris didn't work out.

Or the people who chose the candidates didn't do the best job of screening since they just jumped to the conclusion that Superman was single.

Aw! Well, I liked the Jimmy/Kara portion of the episode. I'm here for the Karolsen agenda!

Speaking of things resembling the Supergirl TV show; it seems like they've continued the theme of Kara being stronger than Clark. (I'm not sure if that started on the show or not.)

So Kara and Clark are essentially the same age, right?

Ugh - should have known that Clark wasn't going to get talk things out with Lois or Jimmy. Things were going well, so OF COURSE they gotta mess things up with some angst. *sigh* Hate that Lois took Cat's words to heart; she's usually more confident. Plus, obviously Cat is wrong seeing as how Superman/Clark is in love with "ordinary" Lois -- and she knows that!

Wow, Kara's kind of a hothead (at least get some more info on your cousin's life so far, before going straight to Beatdown Mode!), and now Clark's off-planet!

I read that Kara's outfit was a DBZ reference; but I was wondering about her hair, and apparently it (and at least one other thing) was influenced by Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo. <-- From a Reddit Q&A, I think; I don't have the direct source.