Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08 (BBC/D+): Empire of Death

• Start Topic

Not much that I can add. Once again, everything felt too big. I didn't get the reference of the woman whole gave the Doctor a soon. And I don't see how Ruby's existence was "not right" in the view of Maestro. Or maybe they were being overly dramatic.

I did like the new design for Suketh, and the Remembered TARDIS (or whatever it was called) was not only a near plot device, it looks like something Whovians can make at home.

On 6/24/2024 at 10:23 AM, tennisgurl said:

There was a lot that was good here, good acting, great CGI, Mel being the best, the continuity nods were fun, but that terrible ending to the Ruby mystery and the overall messiness made this a huge disappointment.  

If anyone would have told me in the late 80s, Mel would be one of the best parts of the show, I wouldn't have believed you. Though I love her in the audios, so I'm glad she is redeemed. 

• Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority but I loved it.  Don't mind suspending logic for story that carries me along.  Even knowing that Kate, and Ruby's mother, and everyone else wouldn't stay dust because otherwise we'd have no show, seeing them turn to dust got me.

I was worried that Ruby was going to go down the Clara Oswald most-special-person-ever-in-the-whole-history-of-everything road so I'm thrilled she and her birth mother are both regular people who are important because they're important to other regular people.   

Perhaps because my kid was adopted and is at present unlikely to find their birth parents, Ruby's reunion with her birth mother suddenly turned the room very dusty.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1