Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Villain Era

• Start Topic

nup_202595_00268_s2_e201-1.jpg

Saira announces it's time for Lady Parts to record their debut album. Amina explores her 'villain era', a new attitude of being a bad mother with boundaries and non-negotiables. And a rival Muslim band, Second Wife, threatens the band's status quo.

Premiere Date: May 30, 2024        Peacock     

nup_202593_00250_s2_e201-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

"Villain Era" is an absolute banger, as they say.

The one thing I found unrealistic was that Dr Amina Hussein, who looked like she had a good job, would worry about affording 2,000 pounds.  They should have made it 20,000 pounds.

• Like 3

Villain Era is a great song. Nida Manzoor is amazingly talented.

I'm enjoying the conflict set up with the cover band and how Lady Parts are reacting to it. I'm also glad to see Amina so confident now--apart from wobbling a bit during her solo performance. Speaking of which, while I'm very invested in Amina and Ahsan, her duet with Billy was sweet.

• Like 4

Amina dramatically declaring it her "villain era," by which she means she's establishing boundaries and not letting people talk her out of things she wants, is the most Amina shit ever. I love her!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 5/31/2024 at 10:21 PM, Brn2bwild said:

"Villain Era" is an absolute banger, as they say.

The one thing I found unrealistic was that Dr Amina Hussein, who looked like she had a good job, would worry about affording 2,000 pounds.  They should have made it 20,000 pounds.

I was thinking the same thing, but Amina just started this new job and may not have enough savings yet to part with the full $2K. For example,Is crushing student loan debt a thing in the UK as it is in the US? (I'm thinking no, but...) I'll be interested to see how they come up with the money to cover the session.

On 6/1/2024 at 1:39 PM, krankydoodle said:

Villain Era is a great song. Nida Manzoor is amazingly talented.

I'm enjoying the conflict set up with the cover band and how Lady Parts are reacting to it. I'm also glad to see Amina so confident now--apart from wobbling a bit during her solo performance. Speaking of which, while I'm very invested in Amina and Ahsan, her duet with Billy was sweet.

Yeah, I really want to see how this all plays out. I'm kind of surprised to see so much of Lady Parts' fanbase taken in by Second Wife's cover versions of LP's songs. Then again, the beauty influencer comes with her own fan base that aren't necessarily familiar with the original versions.

Ages ago, when I was twenty something, I absolutely HATED artists who would cover recent songs by artists I loved. It really was a big pet peeve of mine. I'm hoping this somehow comes back to bite Taifa in the ass.

On 6/3/2024 at 8:36 PM, angora said:

Amina dramatically declaring it her "villain era," by which she means she's establishing boundaries and not letting people talk her out of things she wants, is the most Amina shit ever. I love her!

Yes! I was SO happy to see that the scene with Dr. Saunders wasn't a fake-out. I was sort of expecting there to be a follow-up version of the scene that went, "Unfortunately, what I really said was..." It was fantastic to see Amina hold her ground, not to mention writing song lyrics about it!

Echoing everyone above, "Villain Era" is an excellent song. What a hook that chorus is!

On to Ep. 2!

• Like 5