Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Cottage

• Start Topic

149561cc-f875-444f-a69a-7151ed04dbcd?bas

(Season Finale)

Imogen (Elisabeth Moss) smuggles Adilah (Yumna Marwan) to England to see Michael (James Purefoy), in the hope that answers will finally be given. Max (Josh Charles) and Malik (Dali Benssalah) must work together and follow as her only back up. 

Premiere Date: May 28, 2024      Hulu  

2028c4ca-d887-40c9-bce2-6930f668cf5a.png

A lackluster and unconvincing finale!

The terrorist attack has been averted in an anticlimactic way. Out of nowhere, we have been told (not shown) that Russia/FSB is the mastermind behind the planned attack. A racist driver/henchman killing Adilah feels lazy.

Does Imogen find out about the mobile phone that will detonate the ship’s bomb in Adilah’s possession?

The introduction to creepy/groomer Michael Althorp is rushed and comes a bit late. There’s too much focus on Imogen/Michael mind games which aren’t that engaging.

To say Imogen/Violet is a work in progress would be an understatement. After finding out the truth about her dad, she should seek professional help to work on those deep-embedded traumas. Quickly jumping onto the next assignment is seriously reckless. Malik should stay away from her for his own good!

This series is NOT brilliant enough to be called an espionage thriller, especially with the miscast lead. For me, this is one of the worst series for 2024.

• Like 3
On 5/29/2024 at 12:01 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

This series is NOT brilliant enough to be called an espionage thriller, especially with the miscast lead. For me, this is one of the worst series for 2024.

It was not brilliant enough to be much of anything.

• Like 1

Well five episodes when they are a storyline ( not necessarily a good one). And then episode 6 which made no sense.

Non of it made sense, but episode. 6 was like a whole different show.

The only thing I got out of this last episode is that it seems Adilah was a reluctant killer, and wanted out.  So Imogen was right, in both respects.  She was the correct target, but she also was a different woman.  But to me, not so different as to completely let off the hook for all her previous killings.  Of course, we don't really know what Imogen would have done once Adilah named the ship, but it certainly seemed like she was letting her go to Canada scott free.

The whole breath-tone filled segment with Imogen and Michael at dinner and then in the bedroom was soooooo boring.  As was the breath-tone monologue to the empty room at the end.

And am I the only one who thinks any costume designer who puts Elizabeth Moss in Handmaid Red attire should be immediately sacked?  That was all I could think of with the deep red dress, that it came from the "Sexy Handmaid" section of the Halloween Shop.  You'd think Moss would be the first one to say, hey guys, can we make this dress pink?  Or yellow? Or any color not associated with HT?

It took me about a month to watch 6 episodes.  I totally forgot about it for about 2 weeks.  It wasn't the worst thing I've watched, but not anything I'd recommend.

One of the worst series I have watched this year.

Elisabeth Moss' overacting was insufferable.  One of the most overrated actresses working today.  There wasn't a single moment where I felt her character was relatable or even human.

Half the series was devoted to her striding around whatever city she happened to be in at the time as the surveillance people tried to keep up with her.

What a self-important mess.

And how James Purefoy has aged.

On 7/16/2024 at 8:41 PM, chaifan said:

As was the breath-tone monologue to the empty room at the end.

Her entire performance was breathing exercises peppered with something resembling dialogue!