Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/27/2024

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well I remember when the news of Nicole Brown AND Ron Goldman’s murder happened-and Denise was one of the many defending OJ. But now she’s saying she knew immediately that he killed her when she was informed of her murder? She did the gamut of talk shows then in the early days-defending him.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t think he killed them-he absolutely did. I think it was much later Denise admitted she was wrong to defend OJ. A better question would have been to ask why she defended him at first. Because that’s what she did.

Poor Ron Goldman.

I remember reading in pretty much every book about the murders and or trial that Denise screamed OJ did it when finding out about her sister's death.  Whether that is true or not i dont know but at some point that was what was put out there and people believed it.  I do know Nicole's family even during the trial had to be civil to OJ because of the kids.  They feared OJ getting custody back and excluding them from the kid's lives and that is exactly what he did.  

I always felt so bad for the Goldman family. All the focus was on Nicole and a lot of times Ron wasn't even referred to by his name.  He was just the waiter or a friend.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Wasn't Denise the one that testified about the abuse at the trial, and the jury basically dismissed her emotionality as “white woman tears”?

Yes. By the time the trial started, she had turned against him.

4 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I remember reading in pretty much every book about the murders and or trial that Denise screamed OJ did it when finding out about her sister's death

Like I posted, I remember her defending him in the early days- I saw and heard her with my eyes and ears.  I never read any of the books. I’m not blaming her, but if she believed OJ killed her, she wasn’t saying it when he was first picked up and questioned. By the time the trial aired, she was testifying against him.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Shrek said:

Your luggage & belongings are very rarely searched or x rayed when entering a country but always when leaving a country or even flying within the same country, that's why your carry on goes through that machine before flying & not after you've flown.

True, true, but is that done more for safety reasons...trying to prevent weapons or explosive devices onto a plane? 

I live on the US/Mexico border and belongings are checked when we enter the US, not leave the US, so as to prevent illegal items entering the country.

8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Was Jasmine Crockett on at all this week?  I'm going through my week's worth of the View and can't seem to find her appearance.

She was on yesterday before Brittney Griner's interview. Here's the segment if you'd rather not go back and look for it again:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/30/2024 at 12:48 PM, KittyQ said:

Maybe I was a little hard on Brittney Griner for overlooking that bit of THC in her luggage. Lately, there's been a number of tourists to Turks and Caicos who have been jailed for having ammunition in their luggage.

So many ammo errors it's making me wonder if some of the culprits aren't trying to make a 2nd amendment point, foreign country or not.  Yeah, they'd have to be crazy, but...

• Like 1

REALLY enjoyed the last 2 shows, with Jil Biden, John Grisham, Jasmine Crockett, & the panel's reaction to the conviction.  Unfortunately, haven't been able to watch the second half of Friday's show, after Gaza-related network pre-emption.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

True, true, but is that done more for safety reasons...trying to prevent weapons or explosive devices onto a plane? 

I live on the US/Mexico border and belongings are checked when we enter the US, not leave the US, so as to prevent illegal items entering the country.

It is mainly for those reasons but I have never had my luggage searched getting off a plane. No doubt it would be different if they were driving/walking to & from Russia and these other places but nobody is, whereas the USA/Mexico border that you talk of is a major & somewhat troublesome land crossing for drugs etc. and also comparing what the USA border guards do on that border & what other countries do at airports. 

It's like comparing apples & lemons & asking why they don't taste the same. 

But if you're going to & from Russia and you're American, common sense would tell you that you're going to get extra scrutiny & to not take any chances, but not everyone has common sense obviously.

3 hours ago, Shrek said:

It is mainly for those reasons but I have never had my luggage searched getting off a plane. No doubt it would be different if they were driving/walking to & from Russia and these other places but nobody is, whereas the USA/Mexico border that you talk of is a major & somewhat troublesome land crossing for drugs etc. and also comparing what the USA border guards do on that border & what other countries do at airports. 

Admittedly, this was a number of years ago, but I recall returning to the U.S. from overseas business trips and our luggage had to go through another X-Ray machine before eventually ending up on the regular baggage carousel. Additionally, the Customs agents do a quick interview with people entering the country, although citizens and members of select (friendly?) countries go through different lines. I have seen passengers have their luggage searched. At the time I assumed they were looking for drugs, because the guys being searched looked like stereotypical drug users.