Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

05/15/2024 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : Severide and Violet risk clashing with Paramedic Chief Robinson after Lennox makes a dangerous decision on a call. Capp and Tony attempt to break a world record. Cruz and Chloe's marriage problems come to a head.

Stella gets to travel to California to pick out her new (used?) Truck herself? Why doesn't their insurance just buy them a new one and the white shirt paper pushers take care of it?

I also don't understand why Engine was also out of service?  61 went to the crash/bomb site too, but they have to work? 

The cost-cutting measures for this episode made very little sense, and I missed half of the characters. 

That said, the few stories weren't awful; there have been worse. I figured the husband was dead, that was sad. Capp and Tony and the guest squad crew at least were kind of funny. Also, I would have thought that Severide would be happy to do paperwork after last week's near death experience. 

Boden gets promoted next week?  I can't see him retiring or leaving, especially because they said he'll still be a guest when he's available. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I also don't understand why Engine was also out of service? 

E51 took a couple of bullets during the firefight, but that shouldn't really put them out of service immediately.  They'd have to get the door replaced, but, hey, it's a plot requirement.

There's a whole lot of other stuff to buying another fire apparatus.  Mechanics, record analysis, cost analysis, etc.  A single lieutenant, even if it's Stella, isn't even going to cover it.  Who is Deputy Chief Dixon?  I don't see the importance of that comment.

Chloe says "I'm going to come down to the station more often."  Cruz automatically thinks, "Oh God, what have I done?"

Lennox sure got over his termination in a hurry.

Also, is it going to be important next week that Stella went to Oakland and saw DC Hill?  That's the only reason why I can think that they threw that in there. Otherwise, they were all just taking a few days off with the rigs out of service, we didn't need to know where they were. 

• Like 2
On 5/15/2024 at 8:23 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Stella gets to travel to California to pick out her new (used?) Truck herself?

Lame excuse for her absence from the show.  I suppose she's going to drive the engine back to Chicago. 🙄

• LOL 2

Wow, I thought this episode was laughably bad. It's no wonder Capp and Tony are usually just background characters, neither of their portrayers can act worth a damn. The Guinness Record subplot was childish. The whole thing felt like an amateurish middle school production.

The dialogue was badly written too. Three different people repeated the exact same line about checking the oxygen levels before giving that guy the sedative. It was artificially jargonny and didactic. I hate when characters are explaining things to the audience rather than having a realistic conversation.

I couldn't figure out where this thing with Chloe was going. Cruz mentioned something vague last week about her being unhappy about the amount of time he spent away, but what the hell is he supposed to do about it? I thought maybe they were moving towards writing Cruz off the show but it all got resolved so it was just a pointless storyline to give Cruz material. It would have had more impact if we ever actually saw Chloe. She's such an infrequent character the last time we saw her it was the police officer posing as her and I didn't even realize it.

And where was the new guy who's stalking Severide? He was gone too? How convenient. This is the first time I've felt the show really suffered from budget cuts forcing half the cast to be gone.

And I'm so, so sick of the specter of Chief Robinson looming over their heads. "She's coming for you! She's coming for you! She's coming for you!" This is really absurd, she's like a cartoon character at this point and I still don't understand what her beef is against this station. Also, if this is supposed to be the scariest villain they've ever faced, they shouldn't have cast someone who looks like she should be handing a welcoming lollipop to Dorothy. This tiny little blonde chick has everyone shaking in their boots? Whatever.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Lame excuse for her absence from the show.  I suppose she's going to drive the engine back to Chicago. 🙄

LOL!  And I agree.  None of them needed an excuse to be out of town at all.  They were all just taking forced furlough due to the rigs being out of service.  Even a GOF field trip to Springfield would have made more sense, so that's why I'm thinking they threw in the DC Hill reference to be important in Boden's departure...