Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Trip of a Lifetime

• Start Topic

appletvplusmay6.jpg.webp

Jason wakes to a life that makes no sense; he doesn't have a family, but he's created something extraordinary.

Premiere Date: May 8, 2024     Apple TV+    

1478x832.webp

It's irrelevant now, but is it adultery if it's another version of your wife?

I can see that it's non-consensual on the other universe, sort of, because it's you but not really you. These kinds of alternate reality/timeline sexual morays get very confusing for me. The movie About Time does this, where the protagonist keeps going back in time until he gets it right with the girl he loves. But he knows more than she does -- he knows what she likes and doesn't like and all that, so it's sort of cheating. Like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day -- is it really consensual if someone knows all about you and you don't know about them? 

I guess that's off topic, but it is a question. He's still Jason, both times. Danellia enthusiastically agrees. But he's not who she thinks she is. LIkewise, the other Jason was ready to sleep with Daniella even though she was a different Daniella. But is that wrong? I feels wrong, but it's ambiguous. 

• Like 1

I felt like it was cheating, although I don’t like that she was shot.  The non-consensual sex with his Daniela, is gross.  I feel like they are in danger.  

I'm digging this show so far, but I wish it had a more original title! There is at least one other show with this exact name. Dark matter is a fascinating field of study, but multiverses are a completely different thing. (I think)

I enjoyed the novel

Spoiler

and I look forward to some of the universes that are very different, such as the techno utopia.

(edited)

I think I've seen too many shows recently that have similar themes, and I'm unable to get into this one. Plus, physics was my Waterloo in college.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think I've seen too many shows recently that have similar themes

"Counterpart" comes to mind

Edited by marinw
(edited)

When it comes to adaptation of multi-verse novels, I would love to see an adaptation "All Our Wrong Todays" by Elan Mastai, which acknowledged that it's impossible to have an exact copy of yourself in another universe, unless the point of divergence happens after you are already born.

Edited by marinw