Type keyword(s) to search

Dancing For the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult

• Start Topic

3 part doc series

Premieres May 29 2024 on Netflix

A group of prominent TikTok dancers are trapped in a cult masquerading as a management company called 7M. Among them is Miranda Wilking, whose family is desperately trying to get their daughter out. As other dancers and former members escape and work to rebuild their lives, it isn’t until they come together to try and put a stop to the cycle of their abuser that the real healing begins.

This three-part documentary series from director Derek Doneen, Dirty Robber, and WV Alternative exposes the diabolical tactics used by cult-like organizations to exert control over people as well as the lengths families will go to keep their loved ones safe.

• Like 2

Wow, I never thought dancing and religious cultists would meld together. 

As for that sister still in the cult, time to just let go. 

• Like 4

I thought this was a bit of a mess. I had never heard of this group before and this series did not prompt me to go down the rabbit hole which is usually what happens with cult documentaries. 

It seemed very unfocused and unfinished. 

• Like 4

It bothered me that didn't give a lot of info about this church and it's leader. When and how did it start, how many people are in it, what do they believe in, etc...

To me that's basic info that should be included.

• Like 4

We watched the first episode last night.  Not bad enough that these dancers have to deal with a cult, some of them auditioned for "So You Think You Can Dance."  Nigel Lythgoe is just as creepy.

• Like 3
On 6/5/2024 at 1:40 PM, MicheleinPhilly said:

It seemed very unfocused and unfinished.

I think it was at the beginning of 2024 that I started to watch several things on TikTok so I didn't see anything new on this documentary, I think it was too soon to make this especially if the trial's still ongoing. 

I also would've liked to see more info about the cult sans the dancing trope, I mean, is the "church" that big to begin with? I thought the story about the Korean sisters was compelling and sad, it made me wonder how many people are/were in their position within the "church". 

The thing about the dancers... Listen, of course I feel bad for their families, but truth be told, I don't know if there's much of a case regarding them specifically. I felt that Melanie (the sister with long, brown hair) was pretty much over her sister, not that she didn't care, but she was more ready to accept that her sister might not come back from the cult, and I don't think I blame her.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, charliesan said:

I think it was at the beginning of 2024 that I started to watch several things on TikTok so I didn't see anything new on this documentary, I think it was too soon to make this especially if the trial's still ongoing. 

I also would've liked to see more info about the cult sans the dancing trope, I mean, is the "church" that big to begin with? I thought the story about the Korean sisters was compelling and sad, it made me wonder how many people are/were in their position within the "church". 

The thing about the dancers... Listen, of course I feel bad for their families, but truth be told, I don't know if there's much of a case regarding them specifically. I felt that Melanie (the sister with long, brown hair) was pretty much over her sister, not that she didn't care, but she was more ready to accept that her sister might not come back from the cult, and I don't think I blame her.  

At this point, it is probably the parents that are desperate to keep communication with her. I honestly don't know what I would do as a parent, but as a sibling, I  might just say "screw it, I can't live my life waiting for her". 

• Like 3