Type keyword(s) to search

Eric - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Eric stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Gaby Hoffmann and McKinley Belcher III. This emotional crime drama follows the desperate search of a father when his nine year old son disappears one morning on the way to school.

May 30

• Thanks 1

I'm watching the second episode of this mini-series, and I think it's very good.  More F words than I like, but most of Netflix movies are like that these days.  The acting is excellent, and I'm amazed at Benedict Cumberbatche's perfect American accent.  

• Like 2
On 5/11/2024 at 9:42 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Makes me think of Etan Patz. I'll watch.

Yes. It's as if the Etan Patz story was told thru lens of the SyFy show Happy! (missing kid, imaginary friend (albeit one that can be seen by more than one person), children's TV show/characters, deeper conspiracy, etc.).

• Love 1

A few episodes in and this is better than I thought it would be.  The cursing doesn’t bother me.  People curse.  Ironically it’s the imaginary puppet thing following Cumberbach around that annoys me a little.  I am not the biggest fan of these kinds of elements in mystery shows.   But otherwise it is a decent mystery so far.

• Like 1

Finished the series and it was a lot deeper than I thought it would be.   Kids right to feel safe walking a couple blocks but also that there is very real danger ready to exploit them at every turn.    Plus the whole public reaction between a white kid disappearing and a black kid disappearing.  Also there was this weird little study out in about genius being stolen by those without.    

I still don’t like Eric the monster following dad around.  But I like the idea that he created the fictional world for his puppets out of the one good day he had with his father.

There are far too many stories to detail them all but most of them clicked in the end.  

Not a bad series to watch if you have a few hours to burn.

• Like 1