Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Dollars & Decisions

So the only thing that Annnha has done before is write a script.  So now that is all she is doing.  She is like constipated with writing and has no time to be a director.  This is going to get interesting.

Shane is so very cute.  But still don't think he'll make it to the end.  He's acting in it now?  Yes well he wrote it and starred in it and directed it.  The first thing both these folks need to learn is how to be a director.

• Love 1

If I were on the Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce Board and was putting up all this money to get 2 movies and a TV show made in my town, my first rule would be: Film in the Summer! (or Fall, or Spring, but NOT the dead of Winter).  I'm sitting here in 80 degree weather, and I got the chills just watching this episode. 

Also, why is everyone wearing coats, hats, and gloves inside?  They're completely bundled up in their production offices, the home/hotel where they're staying, even the restaurants they're eating at.  Pittsburgh in a coal mining town.  Don't they have any sources of heat available?  Why are they so cold all the time?  Maybe they can burn that nasty furniture in their production offices for warmth. 

Ah-na was talking about how she feels that a leader can show emotion without her team thinking less of her.  In many cases, she may be right, but in HER case, not so much.  She doesn't seem to realize that by Day 2 of pre-production, her staff is already managing her and trying to subtly make her do the things she NEEDS to do, rather than just the things she WANTS to do.  She may be a good writer, but so far, her team doesn't think much of her directing/managing skills.  I got the feeling that the DP backed out of the deal, not because of a previous commitment, but because of her long conference call with Ah-na the night before.  Ah-na said she got lots of good advice and information from the DP.  I wonder if the DP decided that working on this project with such an amateur would be bad for her reputation.

Shane has the opposite problem.  He's hired a lot of young, enthusiastic, inexperienced staff who look up to him like an idol.  Hence, a lot of questionable decisions of his are liable to get through without question.  How many projectile vomit scenes does he plan for this movie?  Plus, the exploding earlobe scene.  Any diahrea scenes we don't know about yet?  Also, his comment early in the episode about eating a used tampon was just an off-the-cuff joke, right?  Right?!

• Love 2

I think Sam is probably fun to be around when he's not absorbed in bathroom humor. I feel like that's played out at this point.

I don't dislike Anna. I really want to like her. I kind of understand her struggling with directing, but then she's off in her own world and seems to break down easily.

• Love 1

I don't dislike Anna. I really want to like her. I kind of understand her struggling with directing, but then she's off in her own world and seems to break down easily.

I think she has a quality--there is something about her that makes me more tolerant of her anxiety and the meltdowns. With most other people I would have been screaming at the TV screen. Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1