Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Welcome To The Name Drop

• Start Topic

Marty and Courtney’s baby name gets spread around because nobody can keep a secret. Meanwhile, Dave is assigned the ever-complicated task of assembling the diaper changing table, on THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Monday, April 29 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

I liked the fruit mobile.

But hey! If it's a girl, there is no X-Y, there is only XX. Two scientist would know that, even if they're more physicists than biologists.

I liked seeing the two expectant parents work together and seem to get along, though. I'm totally bored with petty bickering.

That was also a pretty good use of Grover, having him put the changing table together. 

I hate gender reveal parties, though. And foisting pink onto girls. Yuck. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

I hate gender reveal parties, though.

Between the gender reveal and last episode's grandmother shower, they're normalizing the worst possible trends. 

I liked the name Penelope. I don't really like Daphne. I don't particularly like this storyline at all. Will Daphne be The Neighborhood's Cousin Oliver? 

• Like 3

I'm torn on Marty encouraging Malcolm to use AI to write his paper - seemed both in and out of character.  On the one hand, he's a huge nerd that of course would be all over using the shiny new technology.  But on the other, he's such a rule follower that it's hard to believe he'd encourage his brother to essentially cheat on an assignment.  

Glad Malcolm wrote the paper himself in the end, subverting the "dumb jock" looking for an easy out cliche (and he got an A!).

• Like 4

Using AI to write your paper is cheating.  It bothered me tremendously that Marty would even suggest it.

19 hours ago, possibilities said:

But hey! If it's a girl, there is no X-Y, there is only XX. Two scientist would know that, even if they're more physicists than biologists.

That bothered me, too.

19 hours ago, possibilities said:

I hate gender reveal parties, though. And foisting pink onto girls. Yuck.

Same.  And foisting blue on boys, too.  Or just the genderization of colors in general.

• Like 3

Really good episode. I liked it when Tina asked Dave to dab 😆

And Grover assembling the cabinet in the end was a nice touch too.

• Like 3