Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Snafu

• Start Topic

As 20-Squad scrambles to track down a cold-blooded sniper terrorizing Los Angeles, Hondo discovers a link to his own South L.A. neighborhood that brings a personal twist to the hunt for the deadly shooter. Meanwhile, Tan finds himself questioning his leadership abilities while Powell and Alfaro compete in a classic game of SWAT tag, on S.W.A.T., Friday, April 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

I do feel sorry for the sniper guy getting killed given he had lost his daughter, but killing the people he felt responsible was wrong and his last actions of shooting just anyone to get Hondo to give him the gang leader was especially wrong

The ending scene was pretty effective

• Like 1

letter-d.jpg.80646888d8af2055c983d71630167fe9.jpg

I actually thought this was one of the better episodes...then the ending happened.

Which only heightens my own fears that, heading into S8, S.W.A.T. has made a giant mess of things that it may not be able to recover from.

If this was the final season, Deacon leaving at the end of the episode would have simply been heartbreaking. It may also still be frustrating, since Deacon leaving so abruptly makes the character look bad, but, in a final season scenario, it wouldn't be worth too much getting worked up about because there's only a few more episodes to slog through anyway.

In this, new, situation...I can't help but feel with Luca, Street and now Deacon leaving that the show is falling apart.

(There was also no Hicks or Nichelle today too, which only adds to the frustration)

At this stage, it's almost imperative that, at least, one of those three scheduled to leave don't actually leave. It's also imperative that S.W.A.T. hires another lead character that can shoulder the load- even if one of the old guard returns- because the quality of the acting has declined too much and S.W.A.T. really needs something to freshen it up if it wants a longer run past S8.

Some positive signs did come from this episode- Alfaro and Powell looked like they may have some actual chemistry, though I hope they keep those two platonic. We don't need Stris 2.0.

As for the actual case itself, it was nice that the show gave another nod to what was supposed to be the hook for the show- Hondo having to juggle his role with the badge with his ties to the street. The show is at its best when it leans into the struggle Hondo has with trying to convince a cynical and leery community that it really can trust the police, because the show has done a brilliant job showing how Herculean that task really is.

Hondo must feel that no matter how many steps forward he takes, he's also always taking two steps back. Two military vets who team up and take on the gangs to avenge their fallen daughter is a great way to highlight that, and, as much as you see the pain in the father's face that no one seemed to care about his daughter, you could also see the pain written all over Hondo's face, frustrated that many of the things he still fights against still happens, regardless of everything he does to make things better.

It's this kind of wider but personal conflicts that the show has been missing. This was the first case that truly felt like it had some meaning, and the show really needs to have more cases like this. Plus, creating cases that leave a personal mark with SWAT members is an easy way to develop those characters since we get an insight into those characters.

Three more episodes for this season, folks.

• Like 1

I still remember vividly the SWAT Tag Day with the OG. It was way more fun and competitive than this. This one feels lazy and pathetic.

And just like that… Deacon is gone‼️

😭😭😭😭😭 

074738F3-D877-4107-B501-0E8DC5B3226A.jpeg

• Hugs 1

The father made it hard for me to feel sorry for him, he was straight up cold blooded. 

The end almost made me drop a tear, I felt everything that Hondo felt in that very moment. He's lost Deacon, Street and Luka back to back to back. I wonder how they gonna sought all this out with there being a season 8. 

On 4/27/2024 at 5:03 PM, mommalib said:

The father made it hard for me to feel sorry for him, he was straight up cold blooded. 

The end almost made me drop a tear, I felt everything that Hondo felt in that very moment. He's lost Deacon, Street and Luka back to back to back. I wonder how they gonna sought all this out with there being a season 8. 

Seriously. I had zero sympathy for the dad.  Fuck him and his friend. Killing people (especially innocent people) is not a way to honor or avenge or whatever the fuck it was the dead daughter. 

• Like 1