Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Into Thin Air

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

After a Marine’s wife is kidnapped for ransom, the NCIS team uncovers dark secrets as they race to track down her abductor before it’s too late.

Meanwhile, Sam seeks Ernie’s expertise decrypting a computer program that may have deadly ramifications.

Air Date: April 22, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All Kate and Kai in the promo photos?

This might be too early but with the 1000 episodes in the franchise sparking a looking back at this point on NCIS: New Orleans like Lucy is missing episodes  here Shalita Grants' Percy was in and out of episodes as what I thought was a fresh take on the NCIS formula started to fall off of the rails. Although I don't think Yasmine Al-Bustami's Lucy and her relationship with Kate is as important  as Percy and the new cast in NOLA's third season was there. 

Lucy's absence might be caused by her having to work on the set of 'The Chosen'.

Spoiler

And as her character was killed on that show it's safe to assume that her absences from the Hawaii set will stop.

• Useful 1
(edited)

So NCIS Elite is just another team, ultimately under Director Vance and the NCIS name instead of the CIA I guess. It sounds like the real life Marines bringing back the Raiders because all Marines are elite stopped playing in the publicity game 20 years ago when all eyes went to the SEALs and Delta Force.

For the case of the week, who was the second clown van driver?  Perhaps the dude just jumped out of the driver's seat since it was a ruse for the cameras and then jump back in.  Another 1000 episodes call back with teaching Kate that beyond the Secret Service stuff they had to be their own CSI's it took the ME to tell us about blood splatter when refrigerated old blood should have been sufficient.  

For the second week in a row a senior Marine is not going to serve anymore. I was wishing for a JAG defender to be around while he still wanted to save his wife once they knew he stole millions. But I was impressed that the FBI ran lead even if they circled back to NCIS going to the Marine base and being the contact

Edited by Raja
(edited)

They never explained who the second person in the van was.  I'm assuming that Lana wasn't lying.  There had to have been a second person in the van, the van stops and fairly immediately, the clown jumps out.  No way could someone have navigated from the front seat out the side door that quickly.  Nor abducted her and then the van drove off so quickly.

I'm assuming that Caleb and his friend weren't in on it.  They stole the money originally and obviously Caleb's wife and Lana knew about it.

The whole storyline doesn't make a lot of sense from a planning perspective.  If wife (I forgot her name already) was so unahppy in the marriage, then why doesn't she say "hey Caleb, I want a divorce.  I know you and Friend stole $3 million.  I want $1 million and a divorce.  If you won't give it to me then I'm going to tell NCIS about it."  Then nobody dies.  

I get that Yasmine Al Bustami may have other jobs, but it's a bit jarring that they don't even mention Lucy.  At the end of the episode, Boone could have easily told LL Cool J that he was going to wrap up and then join Kai, Kate and Lucy at the bar.  Why can't they even include a throwaway line?

Edited by blackwing
  • Like 1

This is a boring episode for me. COTW is quite basic yet they still cannot execute it well. Kai doesn’t have to babysit Caleb just because they need to give Sam something to do.

12 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I get that Yasmine Al Bustami may have other jobs, but it's a bit jarring that they don't even mention Lucy.

Kacy shippers are hoping (or imagining) that Lucy is secretly training with NCIS Elite. I guess we’ll find out next week. 😆

On 4/23/2024 at 3:32 PM, blackwing said:

They never explained who the second person in the van was.  I'm assuming that Lana wasn't lying.  There had to have been a second person in the van, the van stops and fairly immediately, the clown jumps out.  No way could someone have navigated from the front seat out the side door that quickly.  Nor abducted her and then the van drove off so quickly.

The van stops, then there's a cut, and the clown jumps out.  The team certainly believed she was lying.

On 4/23/2024 at 3:32 PM, blackwing said:

The whole storyline doesn't make a lot of sense from a planning perspective.  If wife (I forgot her name already) was so unahppy in the marriage, then why doesn't she say "hey Caleb, I want a divorce.  I know you and Friend stole $3 million.  I want $1 million and a divorce.  If you won't give it to me then I'm going to tell NCIS about it."  Then nobody dies.  

People are willing to kill over much less than $2 million. I might kill someone over $2 million if I thought I could get away with it.