Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Welcome To The Stand-Off

• Start Topic

(edited)

Gemma and Tina are at odds with one another and Dave and Calvin try to bring them back together. Meanwhile, Marty is sick and not handling it well, so Malcolm fills in for him and goes to a baby class with Courtney, on THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Monday, April 15 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Edited by DanaK
Added plot description

TheNeighborhood608FINAL_html_738cabab540

S06.E07: Welcome to the Stand-Off (there is already an episode of The Neighborhood with almost the same name "Welcome to the Standoff", Season 2 Episode 20)

1712882415_header.jpg

Sad Malcom is always funny.

I liked the Calvin/Gemma vs Dave/Tina arrangement re:bosses, but I guess we forgot Dave was a conflict negotiator.

And the resolution was, 'She gave us everything we wanted!' Well, I guess that worked out...

• Like 1

I actually laughed a lot during this episode. It's always nice when Calvin/Gemma and Tina/Dave team up. Tina's talk with Marty was good too, she ain't never lied about kid germs. Is the Gemma actress pregnant? Her clothes seemed to be hanging to hide a baby belly.  Malcolm may not be single long if he keeps going to birthing classes.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jah1986 said:

I actually laughed a lot during this episode. It's always nice when Calvin/Gemma and Tina/Dave team up. Tina's talk with Marty was good too, she ain't never lied about kid germs. Is the Gemma actress pregnant? Her clothes seemed to be hanging to hide a baby belly.  Malcolm may not be single long if he keeps going to birthing classes.

I've been wondering same.

This episode was fun.  Loved when Malcolm pitched the ball for the dunk tank. 

But I thought Marty would suddenly show up at the baby class and Malcolm would run off and get back with his old girlfriend.  Here it seemed they were trying to pair him off with the instructor.  Weird.

Also, the whole plot about teachers' aides was really silly, just a way to generate controversy.  However, with this wonderful cast, it works. 

This episode was the cast and writers clicking along on all cylinders.  As always, the Marty and Malcolm scenes are the best part, but the whole episode was great.  I also love how the writers were smart enough to only imply that though it appeared Gemma and Calvin were teaming up, and Tina and Dave were teaming up, it was really Calvin and Dave who had teamed up and schemed off camera to fix the situation. 

The end with Gemma baiting everyone as she sat in the dunk tank at the carnival was classic Gemma, but then when the ball went to Malcolm, the look of horror on her face paired with the knowing smile on Malcolm's face was truly awesome as he casually tossed the baseball in the air, then pitched it straight at the target.  Loved the callback to Malcolm's baseball career and expertise.

• Like 3