Type keyword(s) to search

X-Comics: From Westchester to Krakoa and Beyond

• Start Topic

I thought a separate thread should be set up dealing with the X-Men in comic books. We can talk about the events we've read about that shape the animated series, as well as reminisce about our favorite memories of Marvel's mutants.

Right now, I'm not reading any books from the tail end of the Krakoa era, where Professor X and friends set up an island nation specifically for mutants. I will be reading at least one book from the upcoming "From The Ashes" era . . . Uncanny X-Men, because Gail Simone will be writing it, and her work kicks ass.

• Like 1

I love the comics, but for various reasons I kind of stopped keeping up around the Second Coming era, with Mike Carey's run being the last I really paid attention to. From recent comics, I've only read the Rogue/Gambit minis by Kelly Thompson.

My favorite are the Claremont original era and then some miscellaneous stuff from 90's (mostly Nicieza) and 2000's.

Oh there were some rough patches and stuff I skipped but I went all in during the Krakoa Era. It was exciting in a way the X-Men hadn't been in ages. I will admit to being very frustrated with the Fall of X... I feel like it has draaaaaagged on so much but there are things in the Krakoa Era that I have just loved.

Doug in the Inferno mini. The resurrection of Destiny and finally playing out the fact that Kurt is the son of Mystique and Destiny as Claremont intended back in the day. Maybe not all of Claremont's ideas should be kept sacred (*cough* Jean/Logan *cough*) but that one was a great idea and the seeds planted where Mystique had no problem killing Rogue but couldn't pull the trigger on Kurt when she worked on attacking the X-Men in whatever Danger Room-esque set up she had going on was good stuff.

Lorna coming back into the spotlight. Apocalypse took a real interesting turn. The entirety of X-Men Red. Jean bitch slapping Nightmare and coming back to acknowledge that 'now and forever' she is Phoenix.

What they did with Moira was amazing at the beginning. I'm not as thrilled with the now but, whatever, I'm interested in seeing what comes next far more than I have been in other eras.

Gail Simone writing Uncanny where we have Gambit and Rogue taking the lead and starting down in New Orleans? YES! Kurt will be there too? YES YES!!

• Useful 1

I wound up getting both runs of Marauders via trade paperback. I’d read comics online, and that felt like the fun book. Also great to see Kitty start calling herself “Kate” and kicking ass with her phasing.

Quick question to anyone here that’s into DBZ: when you read Cassandra Nova’s dialogue, do you dub in Freiza’s voice?

I loved the first run of Marauders. When they went to space and Cassandra Nova was there... I struggled and then just flat out lost interest.

I loved X-Factor and wish that one had continued.