Type keyword(s) to search

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (2024)

• Start Topic

I went back 3 pages, couldn't find this topic. The movie looks really good. I love Guy Ritchie movies and seeing Henry Cavill and Alan Ritcherson together is going to be fun.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 4/12/2024 at 3:18 PM, Bruinsfan said:

'm in for looking at Henry Cavill styled as a lumberjack for 2 hours,

He's a lumberjack, he's okay, he sleeps all night, and works all day. He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch, he goes to the lavatory. On Wednesdays he goes shopping, has buttered scones for tea...

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 1:18 PM, Bruinsfan said:

I'm in for looking at Henry Cavill styled as a lumberjack for 2 hours, I don't need to know anything more about the movie than that.

Spoiler alert, you won't get that. He was closer to Odd Job from Kelly's Heroes for much of the movie.

As an update of The Guns of Navarorne  type mission things played too easily for the good guys to me. They tore through Nazis like it was Star Wars. Alan Ritchson came off as Reacher lite in his reign of destroying Nazis could have gone further given the R rating.

Mrs. Raja wasn't looking forward to the movie but it seems that she enjoyed it more than me.  In our last Friday matinee showing as date night was about to start we had only 6 in attendance

Edited by Raja
On 4/20/2024 at 12:38 PM, Raja said:

Spoiler alert, you won't get that. He was closer to Odd Job from Kelly's Heroes for much of the movie

I saw this and stopped looking (didn't want to be spoiled) I went in thinking Kelly's Heroes and right when they go to Fernando Po and the plan changed I worried it would end up being more Dirty Dozen than Kelly's Heroes. I'm glad they all survived. 

I watched Jeremy Jahns review yesterday and he mentioned that the movie was just Henry Cavill and a bunch of characters who's names he didn't know or remember.   I find that hysterical because they said their names repeatedly during the mission. If anything it was the people back home, I didn't know...well really just Cary Elwes. Sir Ian Fleming was easy to remember as was Churchill (for obvious reasons). 

The only thing that didn't work for me was the "romance" if that's what you'd call it between March-Phillips and Marjorie. I get these are real people and they ended up getting married shortly after Operation Postman but, at the end when March-Phillips was like, no they'll make it and he says some comment about Marjorie I was like how the track could he know that? They spent all of 5 minutes together. I can only assume there's a cut scene that explained it.🤷‍♀️

All in all, a good flick not what I expected from a Guy Ritchie movie and not quite up to the classics we've been comparing it to but, a fun movie with good action and evil villains that got what they deserved.

• Like 1

The only romance I  perceived was the credits this is what happened to the real people text. As with Reacher lite mayhem I was hoping for something nastier for the chief Nazi's ending