Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Shadowland

• Start Topic

Danny and Baez investigate a homicide involving voodoo with the help of Baez's old partner. Also, Eddie and a fellow officer team up with Captain McNichols when they suspect a prestigious school is employing discriminatory admission practices; Erin is confronted by a middle-schooler who claims Erin sent her brother to prison; and Frank tries to help Garrett's neighbor when her car is held as police evidence, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, April 12 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

On 4/7/2024 at 8:39 PM, MsNewsradio said:

I wonder if there will be any reference to the previous voodoo related case Danny worked in one of the earlier seasons. 

Bingo card checked

• Like 2

This was kind of a weak episode.  The beef between Frank and Erin about his coming to see her about that car was so jacked up for no reason.  She should have just said thanks for letting me know, I'll take care of it. 

Voodoo story, just weird. 

Looks like Baez will date the new detective.  Good for her.

The school discrimination story was also weak.  The captain was ready to enroll her daughter in the school if she got accepted even though it would have been improper!  I have heard of anti police sentiment in these circumstances, so it probably exists.  The school principal was such a moron too.  As soon as she heard the person was a cop she shuts down the interview instead of continuing so she doesn't tip anyone off. 

• Like 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

This was kind of a weak episode.  The beef between Frank and Erin about his coming to see her about that car was so jacked up for no reason.  She should have just said thanks for letting me know, I'll take care of it. 

Voodoo story, just weird. 

Looks like Baez will date the new detective.  Good for her.

The school discrimination story was also weak.  The captain was ready to enroll her daughter in the school if she got accepted even though it would have been improper!  I have heard of anti police sentiment in these circumstances, so it probably exists.  The school principal was such a moron too.  As soon as she heard the person was a cop she shuts down the interview instead of continuing so she doesn't tip anyone off. 

And once again Eddie gets on her high horse of injustice. Have to wonder where the police officer was going to come up with the tuition money to send her daughter to the private school.  They are always on the really expensive side, especially in a big metropolitan area.

Edited by cameron
  • Like 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, cameron said:

And once again Eddie gets on her high horse of injustice. Have to wonder where the police officer was going to come up with the tuition money to send her daughter to the private school.  They are always on the really expensive side, especially in a big metropolitan area.

Ha, maybe she'd ask for financial aid.  The selective private schools in NYC do boast of (and I do mean literally) having a certain number of financial aid recipients. To promote diversity or to look charitable.  Whatever. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Ha, maybe she'd ask for financial aid.  The selective private schools in NYC do boast of (and I do mean literally) of having a certain number of financial aid recipients. To promote diversity or to look charitable.  Whatever. 

But usually it's not a full ride.

• Like 2

I don’t believe that occupation is a protected class, so I’m not sure where they were going with the school storyline. And assuming this was a private school, I don’t think the state school board would have any jurisdiction over them (although I assume they do have some type of governing agency.) The only thing I could really see happening would be some possible bad publicity. And frankly, in a place like NYC , I’m not even sure that discrimination against cops would result in much bad publicity. 

• Like 2
(edited)

You are right about this, @Bulldog I think, as to protected class.   But they went in there thinking it was race discrimination.

I live in NYC and while I have no kids, I live and work among people involved in the private school world.  There have been stories about general discrimination against either LEO or conservative people in this world.  It would generate some publicity, some good some bad. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2