Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Agua, Fuego, Tierra, Viento

• Start Topic

cleaning-lady-season-3-episode-4b.jpg

As Luca’s CPS interview nears, Thony focuses on getting Fiona back home with the help of Jorge. Meanwhile, Nadia continues to investigate Arman’s disappearance and finds herself face-to-face with Ramona.

Premiere Date: March 26, 2024     FOX       8pm

cleaning-lady-season-3-episode-4d.jpg

That was foul. Hunters from Deliverance stacking out sabotaged water wells couldn't have been worse. Then t put Sin Cara in a good light we are teased that the rapist coyote will be dealt with off screen.

After a road trip with Tío Jorge seems to be falling for the goodness of Thony just like his nephew Arman.  Leaving a water bottle for two tied up vigilantes was a good torture,  I guess Thony saw it as not actually making her bones. Jorge then takes away that hope.

What happened to the pair of ATVs that shot up the truck? Were they so bad that they were going to allow the sun to kill the folks after joking about saving some for their friends staking out the water point? Jorge was alone even if he had picked up a couple of rifles earlier?  Maybe the vigilantes were never actually  in a fight before and ran or got killed the first time they met someone could fight back.

Meanwhile with Tía Ramona seems ready to bring the legal wife into the family, even knowing the FBI was in play. On the roof I couldn't help but think of Kingpin and Vanessa in Daredevil blowing up sites in Hell's Kitchen. The difference here being Nadia was on the roof sure she was going over the top. The setting was so close to a Filipino show last year that threw an agent over the roof that it was uncanny.

I wait to see how the super cartel gets away with the arson accidental explosion in a club whose owner's assets were just frozen by the Feds.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brown44 said:

Nothing says I'm not working with the Feds then staring at a woman for 10 seconds, then quickly telling you to leave.

Nadia might have also been born into the rackets but Thony accidentally stumbles into playing the game better than her.

4 hours ago, Raja said:

Leaving a water bottle for two tied up vigilantes was a good torture,  I guess Thony saw it as not actually making her bones. Jorge then takes away that hope.

Thorny is now accessory to a few more murders. My despisization (I know that isn't a real word; it means the process of despising someone more and more as time and circumstances goes on; it started with my high school nemesis) of Thorny continues with each episode. Once again, she bullies her way into getting what she wants no matter how many others have to suffer the consequences. At least this time we got an admission that something was actually her fault. You'd also think that a holier than Thou doctor who gets to decide who lives and who dies would know how to actually do CPR though. Even her medical skills are slipping. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Brown44 said:

Nothing says I'm not working with the Feds then staring at a woman for 10 seconds, then quickly telling you to leave.

Was the FBI lady at Ramona's because she is undercover or because she is trying to get Ramona to cooperate also?

If it's the former, shouldn't Nadia have immediately found a way to let Ramona know, or is she going to continue to play Both Sides Against the Middle thinking that gives her better results?

29 minutes ago, eel2178 said:

Was the FBI lady at Ramona's because she is undercover or because she is trying to get Ramona to cooperate also?

If it's the former, shouldn't Nadia have immediately found a way to let Ramona know, or is she going to continue to play Both Sides Against the Middle thinking that gives her better results?

I think she is an open FBI Agent  and Tía Ramona expects that there will be that presence. She is just more experienced at this game than Nadia.

49 minutes ago, Raja said:

I think she is an open FBI Agent  and Tía Ramona expects that there will be that presence. She is just more experienced at this game than Nadia.

Got it. Thankx. . . but how is Nadia going to know that is the reason she is there rather than thinking either Tia Ramona is working with the Feds or Tia Ramona is being targeted by the Feds without her knowledge? It seems Nadia should have been willing to give Tia Ramona a "heads up" that she just happened to recognize an FBI agent at her place.

2 hours ago, eel2178 said:

Thorny is now accessory to a few more murders. My despisization (I know that isn't a real word; it means the process of despising someone more and more as time and circumstances goes on; it started with my high school nemesis) of Thorny continues with each episode. Once again, she bullies her way into getting what she wants no matter how many others have to suffer the consequences. At least this time we got an admission that something was actually her fault. You'd also think that a holier than Thou doctor who gets to decide who lives and who dies would know how to actually do CPR though. Even her medical skills are slipping. 

My wife questions why I even watch TCL since I also despise Thony.  It's a good show and I'm 
    just waiting to see it through.  I'm hoping Ramona or Nadia eventually kills Thony in the end.
    That would make watching this series worth it!

On 3/27/2024 at 1:11 PM, rr2911 said:

My wife questions why I even watch TCL since I also despise Thony.  It's a good show and I'm 
    just waiting to see it through.  I'm hoping Ramona or Nadia eventually kills Thony in the end.
    That would make watching this series worth it!

I think that although the pitch FOX probably bought was the Argentine miniseries of cleaning from the beginning the show runner said she was inspired by Filipino foreign domestic workers. In other words Fiona's story. Being set in America her being TNT, first as a visa overstay and now by crashing the border 

Are we to believe those uniformed patrols that for a minute catured Jorge and Thony were "border patrols"?
   I guess the show doesn't think much of them.  The show depicts them as sleazy no good thugs.  Wow. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Are we to believe those uniformed patrols that for a minute catured Jorge and Thony were "border patrols"?
   I guess the show doesn't think much of them.  The show depicts them as sleazy no good thugs.  Wow. 

Jorge called them border vigilantes. Not uniforms just camouflage 

Edited by Raja
9 hours ago, Raja said:

Jorge called them border vigilantes. Not uniforms just camouflage 

So they weren't border patrols?  Also, to tell you the truth I had a brain fart and couldn't remember what they had on were called (camouflage), so I wrote uniforms.  😆   

7 hours ago, rr2911 said:

So they weren't border patrols?  Also, to tell you the truth I had a brain fart and couldn't remember what they had on were called (camouflage), so I wrote uniforms.  😆   

The Minutemen would have sued them if they gave the vigilantes a name.

(edited)

Glad that Fiona and Chris are back; and I appreciate the show highlighting the dangers refugees can face through trying to get to the U.S. But their immigration situation is as bad as it's ever been 3 seasons in.

So Ramona torched Nadia's place for the insurance money? Would Nadia even get anything, surely that fire would be deemed suspicious. Either way, it sucks that the club is gone now, because I really wanted to see Nadia growing her business. Now her only story is going to be the search for Arman. (Who we may never see again?)

Edited by Trini
dropped word, gah!
11 minutes ago, Trini said:

Now her only story is going to be the search for Arman. (Who we may never see again?)

As with Chadwick Boseman judging by the published reactions I don't think there is anyway that they recast Arman. There is a small chance  since Adan Canto also worked until the end he might have filmed a farewell performance that is being hidden from us

13 hours ago, Raja said:

As with Chadwick Boseman judging by the published reactions I don't think there is anyway that they recast Arman. There is a small chance  since Adan Canto also worked until the end he might have filmed a farewell performance that is being hidden from us

From what I read, Adan's head was superimposed on a body double.  I don't think he had the chance to film anything this season.

(edited)
17 hours ago, Trini said:

Glad that Fiona and Chris are back; and I appreciate the show highlighting the dangers refugees can face through trying to get to the U.S.

Refugees?

From https://www.christianaid.org/ :

What is a Refugee?

A refugee is someone who flees to a foreign country for safety due to war, terrorist invasion, natural disaster, persecution, or other types of threatening conditions. 

If anything, Fiona and Chris left a country where they were safe and put themselves into a situation where they weren't safe by coming back to the US illegally.

Edited by eel2178

Yes, refugees. I wasn't only talking about Fiona and Chris. But their family was also being threatened as shown in the premiere.