Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Serve and Protect

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

NCIS is tasked to protect the daughter of a Russian oligarch carrying a deadly secret.

Meanwhile, Sam asks Tennant for a favor.

Air Date: March 25, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I remember NCIS: New Orleans had Sabastian on a VIP protection detail. I guess when it comes down to how many Marines and sailors are murdered and your murder police need something to do in the meantime.

If I have to hear how NCIS Special Sam Hanna is now NCIS Elite I'm throwing something. He does take a lot risk seeing how a stray bullet from a regular office's case of the week can stop his elite mission in its tracks.

Another assist from the Coast Guard but after providing a taxi service they just left when air support for a search, especially for an agent who wants to be found and is being hunted could have been invaluable.

• Like 1

NCIS ELITE huh. They can’t even get the germaphobe chemist to disclose real intel and have to rely on the very capable Jane Tennant. Her baits are simple - his legacy and better sanitizer, then wallaa! There must be someone who’s great at interrogation in their best-trained group of people.

🙄🙄🙄

Can we just get rid of LL Cool J. He brings nothing to the show and I personally feel since his arrival it has broken the dynamic of the team. The rest of them cast are now seen less and less every week, as they have to show Sam doing something secretive and then have Tennant spend her time working our what he's up to. 

• Like 1

For a Lucy-centered episode that was okay. I always wondered about her family because we got occasional hints. Trope-heavy but could provide some good story material. I guess one of the brothers will show up sooner or later. As for Kai's girlfriend: It was a bit weird that the team would think he had made her up.

I don't mind LL Cool J though I have no idea what they plan with his character in the long run. Another spin-off?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MissLucas said:

I don't mind LL Cool J though I have no idea what they plan with his character in the long run. Another spin-off?

I said all along that with the cancelation of NCIS: Los Angeles and  writer's strike they probably had a backlog of NCIS Special stories and with Janey being ex CIA like G they have just tweaked and transferred them to NCIS Elite, in Hawai'i.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Her baits are simple - his legacy and better sanitizer

I think she was the one who implicitly understood that the Chemist was going use the higher-quality sanitizer to make himself some vodka (since Hollywood scientists are basically alchemists and can turn anything into anything) and she got the secrets out of him by coming back after he drank it.

8 hours ago, Genus said:

they have to show Sam doing something secretive and then have Tennant spend her time working our what he's up to.

It was kind of hilarious how after all the cloak-and-dagger in previous episodes, Tennant was so blase about it when she was let in on the secret.

3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I guess one of the brothers will show up sooner or later. As for Kai's girlfriend: It was a bit weird that the team would think he had made her up.

Yes, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that at some point some brother of Lucy's will show up with a sob story (or pretending to be really happy) that will be cover for dragging her into whatever trouble they have found themselves in.

I also found the girlfriend disbelief weird, especially considering how thoroughly they checked her out once she showed up in person. I guess they didn't think of running Kai's phone records or hacking his email/social media before? You could say they were respecting his privacy but they clearly don't. Still, I got a laugh out of Ernie bringing her profile up on the screen usually reserved for suspects and saying "like he thinks we're intrusive!"

Nice to see Peyton List (not the Karate Kid one, the other one) again. Spoiler for Picard Season 1:

Spoiler

Looks like she recovered nicely after getting kicked into a hole by Seven of Nine.

I get a kick out of that promo picture with Lucy holding the AK. The gun looks bigger than she is!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Nice to see Peyton List (not the Karate Kid one, the other one) again.

It might have sucked for "the"  Vanessa Williams but I miss the pre internet days when we wouldn't have had to do that. As it was I still had to Google trying to figure out which Voyager episode you were talking about 😁

9 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

It was kind of hilarious how after all the cloak-and-dagger in previous episodes, Tennant was so blase about it when she was let in on the secret.

Janey might not have been officially named as one of the "elite" but she takes satisfaction in knowing that she is elite.

I think the Canadian girlfriend thing was a play on the Breakfast Club "She's Canadian, you wouldn't know her" which turned in to the "She's Canadian, her name is Alberta" long running joke.  At least, that's how I took it.  Lucy immediately clocking that Kai had a relationship with this woman, then realizing that "the" Canadian actually existed made me laugh.

I have to say when Sokolov confronted Lucy about her family, Yas did a good job really selling the anger.  "That was a compliment about your family." .. "That somehow makes it worse." I actually would like to see more about her family dynamic. Maybe one of the brothers will show up because the dad is terminally ill. 

Which reminds me, I remember the episode where Kate was a maid and talked about her brother dying, and that her parents were also dead.  I can't remember if they ever clarified if it was true about her parents?  Maybe that's how she could afford that ridiculous condo on an FBI agent's salary?

I didn't mind this Lucy-centric episode.  When she's not schmoopy about Kate, she can be pretty engaging.  I thought she was fairly competent trying to protect the Ukrainian (?) woman in the jungle.  It was good to get more background info about her family, which is apparently uber wealthy.

I did not care at all for the girlfriend.  I think I just don't like Peyton List in general, I didn't like her on Mad Men and I didn't like her here.  Hated the "too cool for school" attitude.

I know people were talking about wanting Kai to have a relationship some time back but I was hoping he would find his way to the Fish and Game lady, who we haven't seen in ages.  Or Bam Bam.  I don't see why we have to introduce yet another character.  Jane's love life seems to have evaporated.  Is Captain Melius ever coming back for a visit?

• Like 1
On 3/27/2024 at 9:34 AM, MissLucas said:

For a Lucy-centered episode that was okay. I always wondered about her family because we got occasional hints. Trope-heavy but could provide some good story material. I guess one of the brothers will show up sooner or later. As for Kai's girlfriend: It was a bit weird that the team would think he had made her up.

Super Lucy strikes again. I turned it off when she told the towering Russian girl to get behind her. Guess her bottom half was safe.

I'm shallow enough to want the beautiful blond and the gorgeous tall guy to have stories not involving his many kids or her being stuck with Super Lucy. (She can beat up two bad guys while the two trained agents struggle to wrestle down one guy?) And she can run faster too.

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I didn't mind this Lucy-centric episode.  When she's not schmoopy about Kate, she can be pretty engaging.  I thought she was fairly competent trying to protect the Ukrainian (?) woman in the jungle.  It was good to get more background info about her family, which is apparently uber wealthy.

I did not care at all for the girlfriend.  I think I just don't like Peyton List in general, I didn't like her on Mad Men and I didn't like her here.  Hated the "too cool for school" attitude.

I know people were talking about wanting Kai to have a relationship some time back but I was hoping he would find his way to the Fish and Game lady, who we haven't seen in ages.  Or Bam Bam.  I don't see why we have to introduce yet another character.  Jane's love life seems to have evaporated.  Is Captain Melius ever coming back for a visit?

Capt Handsome is on Resident Alien. Good show.

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think she was definitely a Russian daughter of an oligarchs and that attracted the protest.