Type keyword(s) to search

Memorable House Hunters

• Start Topic

Sorry --- but I don't know what a "tag" is.  In the main topic, we were discussing how quirky (to put it mildly) some House Hunters are.  So this was where I assume I request a new topic.  What can I say -- I am 76 and behind the times.

Is this it?  There is now a topic?

Yep, you created the topic.

The HHs I remember most are the annoying ones, but a very long time ago there was a young couple looking for an apartment in Prague, and their choices were terrible, yet they were so happy to be starting their adult lives they just accepted those were the kinds of places they were going to live at that age.  Refreshing.

More recently, there was a woman looking for a place in South L.A. who was also realistic about her options, and charmed her real estate agent by seeing the potential in a kitchen all his other clients would declare a gut job.

There was a time I'd have said Mickey Mouse Law School Lady was on the memorably annoying list, but I re-watched it once and it turns out she didn't say "law school" anywhere near as often as the narration did.  Her Disney obsession was something to behold, and I just plain don't understand people with that level of devotion (to anything, let alone Disney), but she loved her little dog (Walter, of course) and was harmless.  So I guess she's memorably quirky instead. 

Still annoying?  The Michigan mom who apparently believes the streets of Paris are littered with the corpses of children who fell out of windows for lack of screens.  The real estate agent's reactions to her were classic.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oh yes, the woman who believed you needed screens to prevent children from falling out windows. What a crock.

Let's not forget turtle lady. She took her turtle with her everywhere. Any house she picked had to be turtle approved! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

LOL, I missed the screen lady.  There are plenty of HHs that we can talk negatively about, but I'm hoping most of their behavior is because of the producers telling them what to say and only showing us the scenes they think will get a reaction from us, so I'm going to mention a positive couple.  I already mentioned them on the other thread.  Thay were the lady from NY to Ok and her sister.  They were funny, nice and didn't have a budget close to a million dollars or an expectation to get a million dollar home for $250,000.  Very enjoyable to watch.

• Like 3
(edited)

Remember the couple in Florida, it was quite a few years ado.  He was an attorney, and they were looking for a true mansion, for the two of them and their son that they mentioned in virtually every sentence.  I don't remember the kid's name, maybe Preston.   The house was so big you would need a map to find your way around.   (Preston Barrington III, thanks for remembering that Bastet)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't remember the kid's name, maybe Preston. 

Preston Barrington III.

Their interior decorating skills were memorably lacking, but they sure thought they were hot shit with their frat house decor (complete with Solo cups in the kitchen cabinets).

34 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

their son that they mentioned in virtually every sentence.

Jackson's mom was an even bigger offender on that front.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

They have the rerun of the two medical field house hunters.  "Newbies in Vancouver" from season 224.  She got a job in Vancouver, WA., and he now has a full-time remote telemedicine job, so they married, and moved.  Vinay was her supervising physcian when they met.   He doesn't want to be near cell phone service, because of the radiation.   He also worries about how wide the stair treads are, because they don't fit his feet.   He rejects a home because it has good cell reception, so he says that's dangerous because of "cell radiation", and he doesn't want good cell phone service.   

So, instead of getting the house with the most room, oe the one with the great back yard, and single story, they get a house that's a fixer, and you know they'll eventually spend a lot more than the other homes would have cost.  With another one he rejected, they intended to rip most of the deck out so the dogs have more room.  Nothing Vinay said makes sense.  Note that the ones in town that probably had great cell reception, he didn't mention the cell phone radiation issue.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1