Type keyword(s) to search

The Jinx, Part Two

• Start Topic

HBO Original Documentary Series
Debuts April 21, 6 Episodes
Rollout: Episodes debut weekly
Logline: THE JINX - PART TWO, a new six-episode continuation of the groundbreaking Emmy-winning documentary series "The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst," from Andrew Jarecki, premieres April 21. In Part Two, the filmmakers continue their investigation for the next eight years, uncovering hidden material, Durst's prison calls, and interviews with witnesses who had not come forward until now.
Credits: HBO Documentary Films presents THE JINX - PART TWO, A Hit The Ground Running Production. Directed by Andrew Jarecki; executive produced by Zac Stuart-Pontier, Andrew Jarecki, Kyle Martin; produced by Charlotte Kaufman and Sam Neave; co-produced by Richard Hankin and Susan Lazarus.

Time TBA

Two things that really stood out in Episode 1: 1. Durst is such a weirdo. I wouldn't have put it past him to be playing some game with the filmmakers with that supposed bathroom confession. 2. The reactions by some family members (I forget who they were) to Durst's bathroom confession while watching the end of The Jinx, Part 1. That was really something

• Like 5
(edited)

Episode 2: Durst had some very amoral friends who hung around him, especially that musician friend who remembered he didn’t really have any issues with Durst killing and dismembering his neighbor. Just astounding. It did seem that at least some started to get uncomfortable and unsafe around him as the bodies piled up

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

That's what shocked me in episode 2. These guys were his friends, and, yeah, you want to cut your friends some slack. But when the evidence was piling up, it seemed to me that not many of these "friends" were real friends, but hangers-on...because Durst had a whole heckuva a lot of money.

• Like 1
On 5/6/2024 at 7:13 PM, DanaK said:

Episode 2: Durst had some very amoral friends who hung around him, especially that musician friend who remembered he didn’t really have any issues with Durst killing and dismembering his neighbor. Just astounding. It did seem that at least some started to get uncomfortable and unsafe around him as the bodies piled up

Was I the only one that thought that there might be a couple more bodies that dude and Durst had in their past? All the oblique references to their close and amoral relationship really set off my radar.

• Like 1

Seriously. I don't think Emily Whosits was "bullied" by Lewin. It was more that she really didn't want to perjure herself, and I think she was terrified of Bob. I think a lot of these so-called friends didn't want to drop out of his life for fear of being permanently removed -- by Bob.

I have to say, the Belcher twins are the stars of "Part Two." Every time they're on screen I smile. When they imitated the way Durst said his name on the prison phone system recording, I actually LOL'd. My sister and I will occasionally yell "BAWB" and crack up.

• Like 5

I watched this with some trepidation.Part one was pretty good but part two really showed how evil this man was. He had chances many times to disapear but chose not to. I think he wanted to be caught. Thank God he's dead now but I wondered where is his wifes body? What did he do with it? He had to have killed her but he never said how. I'm sure her family would like to know so hey can get some closure.

• Like 1

I felt a lot of tension during the courtroom scenes. I knew he'd been convicted, but all those jurors talking about how pathetic Durst was unnerved me. He really was a manipulative psychopath.

We just noticed that the podcast was on our OnDemand this week, and it had more of Lewin's questioning...leading Durst on to spin his lies. It was personally interesting as well, because Durst claimed that he left San Francisco to go pick up some pot from an old college friend. In Garberville. I knew someone who spent most of her childhood there a few decades earlier, so I knew that was a decent cover story. Too bad Durst picked a name for his phony friend that the was the same surname as the handwriting analyst whose name was on a document the prosecution knew Durst had seen that very day.

I know! Damn, that Durst family is cold.

I know it's shallow, but Wendy Durst looks awful for her age considering she has buckets of money. I wonder if she's been sick, too.

That's not a healthy family, and I don't mean only in a medical sense.

Speaking of cold, Debbie Charatan is a hard-hearted manipulative b-word. She wasn't even all that nice to Bob!

• Useful 1