Type keyword(s) to search

Season Nine: Black is the New Red

• Start Topic

(edited)

I get that they couldn’t call him Superman yet, but SERIOUSLY?! That’s the best the writers came up with?! 🤦‍♀️

TBH this season went by in a blur for me, I had night classes and part of me just checked out.

I do remember Clark being an asshole, but Chloe deserves some of that credit too, for trying to guilt Clark into time-traveling to bring Not!Jimmy back. Uh, yeah, that didn’t work out so well last time he tried so he’s not the asshole for turning him down.

And Lois went to some alternate future. And finally figured out Clark was the Blur because of a kiss. Come on, even Margot Kidder Lois figured it out faster!

Edited by Spartan Girl
15 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I do remember Clark being an asshole, but Chloe deserves some of that credit too, for trying to guilt Clark into time-traveling to bring Not!Jimmy back. Uh, yeah, that didn’t work out so well last time he tried so he’s not the asshole for turning him down.

This was at the end of season 8; not here. 

And the name Blur? Ugh; also given last season, except it was "RedBlue Blur" I think? Still, such a stupidass name.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And the name Blur? Ugh; also given last season, except it was "RedBlue Blur" I think? Still, such a stupidass name.

Oh I know but I couldn’t think of a better title and that season was a blur to me so i figured why not?!  😂😂😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Chloe begging Clark to go back in time to save Jimmy was at the beginning of Season 9.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Chloe begging Clark to go back in time to save Jimmy was at the beginning of Season 9.

Yes it was.

@GHScorpiosRuleI know I’m going to regret asking this, but refresh my memory: how was Clark an asshole this season?

13 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Oops. My bad.

13 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yes it was.

@GHScorpiosRuleI know I’m going to regret asking this, but refresh my memory: how was Clark an asshole this season?

Him vandalizing everything he could with his heat vision to LET everyone know he was there; I remember over at TWoP,  the consensus was, this HAD to be Eradicator; that the real Clark was out there somewhere after that lame fight with Doomsday; and generally acting as if he wasn't human (he wasn't, but prior to his, he acted like he was, or rather, didn't act like an emo, who had to do it ALONE) by HIMSELF. That whole RIDONKULOUS "Hug it Out" campaign with Clone!Zod! And let's not forget that horrid burning of the towers that was too reminiscent of 9/11; choking Tess. And how now, Lois was the WUV of his LIFE and she was NOWHERE to be found! ONLY LOIS "got him" BULLSHIT.

Everything Chloe was to him and did for him, was now Lois.

42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oops. My bad.

Him vandalizing everything he could with his heat vision to LET everyone know he was there; I remember over at TWoP,  the consensus was, this HAD to be Eradicator; that the real Clark was out there somewhere after that lame fight with Doomsday; and generally acting as if he wasn't human (he wasn't, but prior to his, he acted like he was, or rather, didn't act like an emo, who had to do it ALONE) by HIMSELF. That whole RIDONKULOUS "Hug it Out" campaign with Clone!Zod! And let's not forget that horrid burning of the towers that was too reminiscent of 9/11; choking Tess. And how now, Lois was the WUV of his LIFE and she was NOWHERE to be found! ONLY LOIS "got him" BULLSHIT.

Everything Chloe was to him and did for him, was now Lois.

Wow. I’m so glad I don’t remember most of this.

Of course that last part could have been salvaged had the writers actually TRIED to write Lois and Clark’s romance in a believable way instead of shoehorning in two seasons after nothing but Clana for the better part of the show.

• Like 1

Aaaaaand heeeeere's the flipping of the switch! Gone is the arrogant, grating, would be reporter who became a reporter to get the best stories by sleeping with her editor Lois Lane, and in her place is a character that matches up with the comics.

But I will never, ever, ever, believe that both Clark and Lois, college fucking drop outs, managed to get hired at The Daily Planet.

The only episodes worth rewatching for me is the return of Martha Kent as The Red Queen (Annette was ROCKING those heels and she's got gorgeous legs!), and the two parter of "Absolute Justice" where we meet the  JSA (Justice Society of America). Of course it was good-Geoff Johns wrote them. And Tom directed the second part, which explains he was barely in it.

The speculation on TWoP was that they couldn't get Batman, so they got Carter Hall/Hawk Man to be the leader; while I love Michael Shanks (YUM), he was doing the Christopher Nolan grating impersonation of Batman. Loved Pamela Grier as Amanda "The Wall" Waller an her not even blinking when Icicle Junior tried to freeze her, and her "I grew up in Chicago" (or maybe it was "I'm from")  had me rolling.

Britt Irvin, who played Stargirl would have made a better Kara/Supergirl.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I will never, ever, ever, believe that both Clark and Lois, college fucking drop outs, managed to get hired at The Daily Planet.

I mean…couldn’t we have gotten a decent college storyline out of the show? Clark on campus could’ve been entertaining.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Aaaaaand heeeeere's the flipping of the switch! Gone is the arrogant, grating, would be reporter who became a reporter to get the best stories by sleeping with her editor Lois Lane, and in her place is a character that matches up with the comics.

It would have been so much better if we had this Lois in the previous seasons. Or just, you know, had Lois leave after a couple of episodes in season 4, then come back in season 9 as the polished reporter we all know.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The speculation on TWoP was that they couldn't get Batman, so they got Carter Hall/Hawk Man to be the leader; while I love Michael Shanks (YUM), he was doing the Christopher Nolan grating impersonation of Batman.

I doubt that they were trying to get Batman, since the character was never an active member of the Society in the books.