Type keyword(s) to search

Season Six: Hello Oliver Queen and The Justice League!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I hate this Jimmy who turned out not to be Jimmy. But we got the introduction to Ollie Queen, the yummilicious Justin Hartley.

There are some good episodes here, but I just love, love, love, that slo-mo walk at the end of "Justice" when we see Ollie/Arrow, Bart/Impulse, Arthur/Aquaman, and Victor/Cyborg after they blow up one of Lex's warehouses.

And of course, it goes without saying, I love Clark's jealousy over Chloe. The less said about Lana, the better. Because she reverts to type; by the end of the season, she hates Lex and is panting after Clark again, and trying to figure out his secret.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And of course, it goes without saying, I love Clark's jealousy over Chloe. The less said about Lana, the better. Because she reverts to type; by the end of the season, she hates Lex and is panting after Clark again, and trying to figure out his secret.

Frustrated Head GIF

• LOL 1

I so wish Martha caught Lana in the act of snooping around the farm and taking photos. It would have been so amazing if she’d gotten her mama bear claws out and ripped her a new one. 

On 3/21/2024 at 9:55 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

There are some good episodes here, but I just love, love, love, that slo-mo walk at the end of "Justice" when we see Ollie/Arrow, Bart/Impulse, Arthur/Aquaman, and Victor/Cyborg after they blow up one of Lex's warehouses.

Oh yes, that was awesome. The worst thing about this show wasn’t how bad it got as much as how good it could have been if the writers hadnt been so damn lazy.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I so wish Martha caught Lana in the act of snooping around the farm and taking photos. It would have been so amazing if she’d gotten her mama bear claws out and ripped her a new one. 

GOD, YES!  While “Crimson” was problematic, as well as “Freak” (that wasn’t problematic, but mentioning to link Lana’s attitude), Lana is all about NEEDING  to know Clark’s secret as if she’s entitled to it. And also in “Hydro”, that she has a RIGHT to know when she’s no longer with Clark, BARELY his friend, and shacked up with Lex as some 19th/early 20th century mistress.

More on that later.

8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh yes, that was awesome. The worst thing about this show wasn’t how bad it got as much as how good it could have been if the writers hadnt been so damn lazy

I also LOVE the music/score/theme for that awesome walk! And I will give ALMILES credit-for hiring Steven S. DeKnight-his episodes were the better ones. He also became a producer and was also involved in that awesome show Sparta. They shoulda made HIM show runner after ALMILES left.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

GOD, YES!  While “Crimson” was problematic, as well as “Freak” (that wasn’t problematic, but mentioning to link Lana’s attitude), Lana is all about NEEDING  to know Clark’s secret as if she’s entitled to it. And also in “Hydro”, that she has a RIGHT to know when she’s no longer with Clark, BARELY his friend, and shacked up with Lex as some 19th/early 20th century mistress.

This was another failure of the show. There was absolutely no calling out or consequence to Lana’s shitty entitled attitude once she finally knew everything. Just “I think that’s really cool!” BARF.

• Applause 2
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Decisions! Decisions! 
IMG_2429.jpeg.6fed9c6bab48d1d7fd998ed83ccf43a3.jpegIMG_2428.jpeg.8aff4526df880251d2d7e05564330c7d.jpeg

Two reasons this season was bearable!

Why yes, I can be shallow!

What’syerpoint?

Hey, I’m just as shallow as you and proud of it!

I zipped through and am at the end of 8 (I'm picking and choosing which ones I want to watch-I CANNOT put myself through every episode) and wanted to add my thoughts about this season.

As stated above, WHY did Lana have to move in with Lex after they got together? And it's so obvious and clear, he was gaslighting her, and it was an abusive relationship in that he kept trying to control her; where she went; what she could do (she wanted to work at the half-way house); had her followed. But he called it "Love."

And the way she dressed! Barely out of high school, and she's dressing and acting like someone 10 years older. Not to mention dressing like some sophisticated woman who grew up wealthy and fashionable. Which wasn't the case at all.

And something Kristen did, that annoyed me, and I wonder if it was her choice or she was directed to do so-lowering her voice pitch to sound...older/sexier, instead of the 19 year old she was!

Her voice went back to her normal sqeaky in "Crimson" when Clark's kidnapped her and she's whining about how they've been over his secrets again and again.

And Lois can just miss me with her smug attitude about how "no one knows the Green Arrow" like she does. Yeah, the same person who thought he was a criminal. Vigilante, yes. But not the criminal who stole all those things Ollie was stealing back.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And something Kristen did, that annoyed me, and I wonder if it was her choice or she was directed to do so-lowering her voice pitch to sound...older/sexier, instead of the 19 year old she was!

Kristin has mentioned that it took her a few years on the show before she "found her voice" and matured as an actress, and that she had been working to build confidence.  This season was probably around the time it became most visible.

I like the green arrow stuff this season. And the part when Chloe figures out that Lois kissed Clark based on Lois description of him "blurring away" and combining that with knowing Clark covered for "green arrow". Then this also of course confirmed that Ollie was Green Arrow.

Moving to correct season:

What I loved about this season was Clark and Chloe's friendship. When it was revealed that Chloe was meteor-infected, how Clark showed up. Was there for her and my favorite line of his to her was for her to consider him her personal bomb squad.

And of course casting Wonder Woman Lynda Carter as Chloe's mother, even though the first time we saw her, she was a blonde and we only saw the back of her head.

• Like 2