Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two: Puberty Hits Clark

• Start Topic

What else would you call his sudden inability to control those razor beams that shoot out of his eyes?

Jonathan suggested it was...hormones...which, when you look back, is true. 

Oh and we finally meet AI Jor-El. While I was excited to see Terence Stamp's name, what had me more excited was seeing Christopher Reeve in "Rosetta" and I just tear up. Oh again, the possibilities, if we hadn't lost him!

But UGH to the LANALANALANALANALANAAAAA. Which is why I love "Rush" so damn much.

• LOL 1
(edited)

The one part I loved in season two was when Clark finally grew a spine and called Lana and Chloe out on their bullshit. If he had just put an end to that whole stupid love triangle right then and there, it would have been brilliant. But alas, all it took was Wolf Girl Love Interest to get fridged and he went crawling back to Lana. Again.

You know what would have been great? If Chloe had been let in on the secret along with Pete instead of dragging it out for another two seasons. It would have been great to see the three of them be a real team. And/or have her and Clark be a real couple for a while. Either way would have been better than having Chloe keep acting a nosy, spiteful Nice Girl for as long as she did.

Yeah, I don’t like pre-secret Chloe, sue me.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

The one part I loved in season two was when Clark finally grew a spine and called Lana and Chloe out on their bullshit.

I LOVED that! And he was right- both were acting like he was a jealous ex-boyfriend or that he had ulterior motives.

And of course he went back to whiny and needy Lana.

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

You know what would have been great? If Chloe had been let in on the secret along with Pete instead of dragging it out for another two seasons. It would have been great to see the three of them be a real team. And/or have her and Clark be a real couple for a while. Either way would have been better than having Chloe keep acting a nosy, spiteful Nice Girl for as long as she did.

Yeah, I don’t like pre-secret Chloe, sue me.

Absolutely. Yeah, I love Chloe- season one she was great, but seasons two and three she was a bitter, mean idiot, acting as if Clark was her boyfriend who had dumped her.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

You know what would have been great? If Chloe had been let in on the secret along with Pete instead of dragging it out for another two seasons.

Absolutely. One thing I always hate is when people with special abilities keep their powers secret from their friends and family, especially when they use the reason that it is to keep them safe. I don't think anyone was ever safer by not knowing. Usually it's the opposite where the hero's friends and family are more likely to end up in danger because they don't know what's going on.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Absolutely. One thing I always hate is when people with special abilities keep their powers secret from their friends and family, especially when they use the reason that it is to keep them safe. I don't think anyone was ever safer by not knowing. Usually it's the opposite where the hero's friends and family are more likely to end up in danger because they don't know what's going on.

Yeah, but at the same time, the fact that Chloe and Lana kept badgering Clark about it instead of respecting his boundaries really pissed me off. Considering how the freaks of the week were treated, I can understand why he didn’t want to come forward, especially with Chloe.

And I really wish he just told them that just because they were his friends didn’t mean they were entitled to every aspect of his personal life.

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I LOVED that! And he was right- both were acting like he was a jealous ex-boyfriend or that he had ulterior motives.

And their “apology” to him was so backhanded. “We expected better from you…it was OUR mistake to make!” He should have come back with: “Fine then I won’t bother in the future!”

The kicker of it all was how relieved he was walking out of the Talon. Not bitter, not brooding, he actually looked HAPPY. Like a giant weight was off his shoulders! And when he confided to Lex the next episode about Kya: “It’s a completely different feeling when the person actually likes you back”? I want to cry: “Keep going, sweetie, you’re almost there!” He always got SO DAMN CLOSE to that epiphany, only to fall back!

If we hadn’t lost Christopher Reeve, maybe Dr. Swann could’ve been Clark’s therapist. God knows he needed it.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Applause 1

Oh and one more thing: no matter how many times I watch the but where the Superman theme plays when Dr. Swann is about to reveal the rest of Joe-El’s message, I squeal like a freaking idiot. God, it’s embarrassing how I dove for those Easter eggs like they were table scraps.

• LOL 1
(edited)

The thing with Clark and his secret is that it wasn't exactly necessary. He could have lied and said he had powers from the meteor rocks like everyone else. Say super-speed is his power (as he uses it by far the most). I get that most of them "turn out bad", but he then would be an example of one that isn't. Lana and Chloe definitely in season 2 would have been okay with that explanation. And in Chloes case wouldn't have been trying to figure out what his secret was, as from her pov he wouldn't have had one then.

Edited by blueray
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, blueray said:

The thing with Clark and his secret is that it wasn't exactly necessary. He could have lied and said he had powers from the meteor rocks like everyone else. Say super-speed is his power (as he uses it by far the most). I get that most of them "turn out bad", but he then would be an example of one that isn't. Lana and Chloe definitely in season 2 would have been okay with that explanation. And in Chloes case wouldn't have been trying to figure out what his secret was, as from her pov he wouldn't have had one then.

Maybe, but Jonathan and Martha basically drilled it in his head that nobody could ever know he was different, otherwise the government would take him away, they’d lose the farm, or some crap like that. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

Maybe, but Jonathan and Martha basically drilled it in his head that nobody could ever know he was different, otherwise the government would take him away, they’d lose the farm, or some crap like that. 

They weren't wrong. Aside from the super speed he had, he also couldn't get hurt/burned or bloody. And we saw in season three, after being attacked, that angelic Lana thought they were ALL FREAKS.

• Like 1
(edited)

I think had Lana already known that Clark had super-speed (thought he was a meteor freak) she would have thought he was a different case then the people she was complaining about. Though that still is basically saying that "well... your an exception" to Clark lol, which isn't much better.

Edited by blueray
16 hours ago, blueray said:

I think had Lana already known that Clark had super-speed (thought he was a meteor freak) she would have thought he was a different case then the people she was complaining about. Though that still is basically saying that "well... your an exception" to Clark lol, which isn't much better.

No. Lana was totally clueless. She only knew he wasn't telling her anything about himself, which, you know, was none of her business. They spent most of this season making googly-eyes at each other. Then out of guilt for breaking up with Whitney over a video, refused to believe anything was "off" with him, and blamed Clark for being jealous because Whitney was a war HERO! Even though Whitney was dead and it was TINA morphed as Whitney. She was always quick to blame and use the jealousy card whenever Clark didn't agree with her.

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She was always quick to blame and use the jealousy card whenever Clark didn't agree with her.

Which was rich, considering all the times she got squirrely whenever Clark was with another girl, or another girl showed the slightest interest in him.

You know, it MIGHT have made Lana a character if she pulled her head out of her own ass enough to figure out on her own that Clark had powers, but decided to keep it to herself (like Chloe would eventually do) and not badger him any more about secreths. But let's be frank: Lana only existed for the sole purpose of wangst, because God forbid the show give Clark a break from pining over someone or other.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1