Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Peace Talks

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Hondo and Hicks desperately search for Powell, who's gone missing in Mexico City along with a thermobaric bomb capable of killing thousands. And while Deacon and Tan assist from L.A., Deacon's pride gets injured in a boxing match with Rocker, in part two of the season seven premiere of S.W.A.T., Friday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

letter-f.png.07b9cdcdb41a8d543410935d160d68dc.png

I'll give the show this much credit:

-Deacon vs. Rocker was kind of fun, especially with Deacon pulling the veteran move of faking an injury

-At least this time in a foreign country, Hondo respected protocol a bit more and the show actually recognized that Hondo and Hicks didn't have jurisdiction in Mexico City.

That's it, though.

I could go on about all the inanities that were on this show (including yet another edition of "That's Not How A Bomb Works! (TM)"), but I'd be here all day. I've also wasted too much ink on how badly this show treats Latino characters, something this episode merely added to.

The reality is I just feel like this show is just coasting towards the end. The effort, the passion, the purpose...most importantly, the soul...it's just gone from the show.

The writers seem like they're just treating this season as a chore, as merely episodes they need to "get through".

It almost feels like, though they got a reprieve, that last season's abrupt cancellation sucked the energy out of this show. Not that it had much to begin with because S6 and S5 were slogs anyway.

Last year, though, it still at least felt that the writers were still trying to make the episodes somewhat interesting, even if they, more often than not, fell flat on their faces.

Now it just feels like these writers would want nothing more than to complete their assignments and go home.

I still hope this show can go out with a metaphorical bang ('cause you know it'll go out with a literal one)...I just don't want it to be a chore to get to that.

Was it super cheesy for Rocker to say “Hulk not know his own strength?”  Yes.

Did I love it anyways?  Also yes.

Also those jeans looked fantastic on Powell.

• Like 1

I never realized Deacon was so built before now. I wonder if the actor felt the need to do extra physical work for this episode to look so good?

• Like 1

Hicks, you should always trust your jerk radar. Just ignore that wiseass Powell.

Powell survives and she still looks impeccable after being choked, beaten, captured and thrown into a car trunk. Her soft curls are neatly coiffed. Amazing huh? 🤡

Shirtless Deac is the best part of this episode. TBH, I prefer his body during S01-S02, nice and lean. His latest body is too beautifully sculptured and top heavy. Anyway, am still grateful… 😆🔥🥵

• Like 1

Wow that was bad. @Danielg342 has said everything else I wanted to say, so I’ll just stick with this: Powell running up to the bad guy and then getting ambushed by the second guy was so laughable that I wondered how she got into SWAT. Doesn’t she understand tactics better than that? She knew there were two guys to look out for.

• Like 1