Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: I Make A Promise, I Will Never Leave You

• Start Topic

02/21/2024 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Goodwin recruits Charles to evaluate her ex-husband's memory. Archer treats one of Sean's peers from the rehab center. Hannah treats a woman from a rural clinic whose miscarriage was improperly treated.

1. Shut up, Zola.

2. I realize they wouldn't be able to pull off the miscarriage storyline in Chicago itself, but Illinois in general wouldn't be a problem either. Was the rural clinic was supposed to be in Indiana or something? "Where we live that could happen"?

3. Man, Hot New Doc played the lobotomy reaction so well. I like him.

4. Re: the other new doc - Shut up, Zola.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

They are trying to show another dementia case. Often, tv gets it wrong.  We’ll see.  Goodwin said that if it were her, she’d want the additional testing.  Well….often, a person with cognitive decline does NOT want it, because they are not capable of comprehending the matter.  And, what will the additional testing really do?   It’s a sad story.  Hope no one gets really hurt.  

I was impressed with the new male doctor.  Initially, I was wary.  He seems very compassionate.  

What were the credentials of the substance abuse person who showed up to support sick recovery patient. Man, she jumped right in like she was on staff at that place.  Looks like a love match for Archer.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They are trying to show another dementia case. Often, tv gets it wrong.  We’ll see.  Goodwin said that if it were her, she’d want the additional testing.  Well….often, a person with cognitive decline does NOT want it, because they are not capable of comprehending the matter.  And, what will the additional testing really do?   It’s a sad story.  Hope no one gets really hurt.  

I was impressed with the new male doctor.  Initially, I was wary.  He seems very compassionate.  

What were the credentials of the substance abuse person who showed up to support sick recovery patient. Man, she jumped right in like she was on staff at that place.  Looks like a love match for Archer.  

I believe it was her facility or she ran it. Her jumping in like that and the way the guy died made me suspicious that something was going on at that facility

Regarding the woman with the miscarriage, I'm not sure I heard things right regarding the care she received at the rural hospital. Did the staff at the rural hospital refuse to help her further before or after she miscarried? If after, I don't see how it can be controversial or the rules uncertain to remove the remains as the baby is dead.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DanaK said:

I don't see how it can be controversial or the rules uncertain to remove the remains as the baby is dead.

I guess she was miscarrying but the fetus had not yet died. Which... a couple days later, she should have been able to go back and get the D&C? Unless they're trying to say that the docs didn't want to remove the fetus no matter what stage of decomp it was in unless she was actively passing it?

My interpretation is that she probably came from Indiana although there are increasing numbers of these "death" states.

She made it to a rural clinic but her condition was so bad that they didn't have the expertise or equipment to handle it so they evacuated her via helicopter. 

The lack of good medical facilities is a real issue in rural areas and getting worse in some states as there are beginning to be actual medical deserts in some places like Idaho where the closest OB/GYN for delivery is an hour or more away. The hospitals had to close the department for a variety of reasons including funds as well as no personnel wanting to practice in these states.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 2/23/2024 at 12:14 PM, amarante said:

My interpretation is that she probably came from Indiana although there are increasing numbers of these "death" states.

She made it to a rural clinic but her condition was so bad that they didn't have the expertise or equipment to handle it so they evacuated her via helicopter.

It’s likely they came from Indiana or possibly Wisconsin or Iowa. The husband said that their local hospital sent them home for everything to pass naturally as they felt they could not interfere due to the laws there. However, the wife kept getting worse. He said they called the local hospital several times and they kept saying it “wasn’t a medical emergency” so he stated they got in the car and he drove her to Chicago which is where the wife grew up. No rural hospital is going to call in a medivac for a procedure they state as non-emergent or that relates to a condition that they are afraid will cost them their jobs and licenses due to state laws. Medivac is also horribly expensive and if they deemed it non-emergent, insurance likely wouldn’t pay a dime and/or Medivac would refuse to transport in the first place. 

• Like 3