Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Consequences of Loaning Your Dad Money

• Start Topic

NUP_203004_00522%20(1).jpg

Jim advises a player on the Celtics to take one of his recent losses less personally, sparking a controversy that forces the Kearney clan to confront their spiritual beliefs.

Premiere Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2024      NBC    8:30pm          

Dmitrious Bistrevsky as Yuri Kobilska

NUP_203004_01295.thumb.jpg.f6fbfaacea757b2c7bcb75bf9d1c7572.jpg

Boy, I'm struggling with this show.  I want to like it.  Jon Cryer, Donald Faison - should be better than it is.  I see glimpses of potential, and then, it's painful again.  Is there any hope?  

I did laugh at the end with his father readjusting his math.  The tires were $700.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, singsong said:

Boy, I'm struggling with this show.  I want to like it.  Jon Cryer, Donald Faison - should be better than it is.  I see glimpses of potential, and then, it's painful again.  Is there any hope?  

I did laugh at the end with his father readjusting his math.  The tires were $700.  

Yeah, there are glimmers of hope and then it goes back to something cringeworthy.  Like the talking to the camera.  It doesn't flow with the show and feels completely unnecessary.  Also I still feel like Jon Cryer's father is completely miscast for him.  Not a bad actor and some of the lines in that scene were good, but I still can't see him as his father, especially since he would have had to be about 12 years old when he was born given that they're trying to pass him off as about 70 or 71.  Just how young are they trying to pass John Cryer off as?  In real life he's 58.  50? Also, he looks bad enough bald, but then I read that he's also wearing a skull cap to make him look even balder!  And you can even see the line, it's so poorly done!  Now that I noticed it I can't un-see it.

14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

but then I read that he's also wearing a skull cap to make him look even balder! 

I thought so! I just noticed it this episode, and didn't think much about it, but something just seemed a little off. Like he's too bald.