Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Episode 4

• Start Topic

AAAABXGti-I7mm9f5O0cRGSQN5Ge4Rb2XsDiulzT

1991. On holiday together in Greece, Emma has plans for how to keep things platonic. Dexter would rather reminisce about the night they met.

Premiere Date: February 8, 2024    Netflix  

I know it seems like Dex holds the power in their "will they won't they" friendship, but Emma also throws out some brutal lines.  

Dex: So what happened to it, this crush? 

Emma: I got to know you and then....poof...cured. 

That's brutal.  

And what else I have noticed in the episodes through this one.  Dex is the one who looks longingly at Emma.  He is the one who consistently pushes boundaries and Emma is the one who holds them to friendship only.   She is smitten with him...clearly, but she's the one who won't let it happen.  

I think Emma always knew that if they became friends with the benefits that it would never last.  She'd just be left with all the other hookups that Dex is notoriously known for.  But a friend...a true friend and he could be hers.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I really thought they were gonna hook up until the "I love everyone" line. Emma is acting out of self-preservation, but I don't think I could resist Dex when he's looking at you like that.

I’ve heard multiple positive comments about this but after four episodes, I’m not really feeling it, so to speak. I see the IMDb ratings go up in the later episodes, so I’ll probably stick with it, but it’ll definitely be a filler, not a binge.