Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Auditions Social Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Auditions – Social Media

Eight social media stars battle it out on three kitchen levels. But only five chefs will advance to join the teams of mentors Gordon Ramsay, Richard Blais and Nysesha Arrington and compete for the grand prize of a 1-year mentorship and $250,000.

Original air date 01/28/24

Edited by SpottedCoachDog

So the auditions are being done by class: social media, home and pro. They start in the basement with eight chefs. The ingredients start with canned meat and become higher quality as they move up. Each level’s dish must be done in 20 minutes. One chef is voted off each level and the final five will go into a draft. 

Not a bad start. Loved that Izayah’s wife was doing filmed trail runs when the show began. I think Gina could go far.

• Like 1

These folks need to be more careful with the knives, especially with chaotic conditions and watching the clock. Hope the lady will be ok. I would be afraid of the poorer kitchens with the so so equipment. I’m recovering from lacerating a finger while cutting a steak that I was holding with my hand on a cutting board. Needless to say, I plan to use a fork to hold meat when I cut it in the future

These first auditions were interesting for sure 

On 1/29/2024 at 11:59 AM, mertensia said:

I'm already irritated by Jordan. So he'll go far.

I agree.  I find him annoying, especially his hair, he seems like the kind of guy that would make the cut for The Bachelorette solely because he has that carefully coiffed sky high hair that many of the guys on that show do.

The best one in this group seems to be Gabi.  I also like Izayah.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Sapphire said:

I can't be alone in not being able to stand the whole concept of social media chefs...

I generally don't like them either.  The ones I don't really care for are the ones who think of themselves as "influencers" (I truly hate that whole concept, the people that want to be the next Kardashian and such).  "Look at my food, maybe someone will give me some money." 

But for some it seems to actually be their career.  One of the few that I really like is Max Miller.  He started out on a YouTube channel with explaining foods from history and then recreating them.  It was very popular and spawned a cookbook and apparently now he has an actual website.  I'm sure he gets paid for this, good for him.  http://www.tastinghistory.com

On the other hand, my daughter loves these social media chefs.  I guess she's in that demographic, she loves finding these people on YouTube or whatnot and watching all their videos.  She told me she actually recognised one of them.

• Like 2
(edited)

first time watching this show, as i'm desperate to get away from all the super bowl pre coverage. so far Blais is not annoying me which is nice, as he usually says something so arrogant in early shows he puts me right off. 

awww Brittany, yeah if the shrimp is pre cooked toss it in right at the end, otherwise yep rock hard so quickly. or broth as they suggested, that would soften things up some.

is 20 minutes fast for a hollandaise? i've never made one.

i thought the salmon fritter was a clever idea. tho question, what is the diff between a fritter and a cake? i have had salmon cakes before and they looked very similar. 

it was killing me trying to remember who Gabi reminds me off. she is a copy of 'Amy Santiago' from Brooklyn 99!!

Edited by Colorado David
added amy comment
On 2/6/2024 at 5:18 PM, blackwing said:

I agree.  I find him annoying, especially his hair, he seems like the kind of guy that would make the cut for The Bachelorette solely because he has that carefully coiffed sky high hair that many of the guys on that show do.

The best one in this group seems to be Gabi.  I also like Izayah.

The hair comment cracked me up.