Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Trapped

• Start Topic

After witnessing a domestic dispute, Brett and Violet decide to take the investigation into their own hands. Mouch vets Truck 81's new firefighter. Herrmann relies on something new to aid him on the job.

Airdate: 01/31/2024

I've read that Taylor Kinney is coming back, so this must just be one of the show's cost-cutting measures.  What would have made more sense to me, however, is if Stella went with him.  Because that would really save them money... I tried to do some googling, and it looks like Kinney makes as much as $200,000 per episode and Miranda makes $175,000.  Let them both go to Arizona for 2 weeks and save $750,000...  

• Like 2

I thought this show had already set the low bar for absurdity, but this week's medic-centric episode topped even that.  Those two are lucky they didn't get fired, and if any cars crashed because of that ridiculous chase sequence, a good attorney would own CFD.  But of course, Station 51 is the bestest group of first responders in the city and perhaps beyond, and there's no reason why any of them shouldn't insert themselves into a situation no matter how dangerous.  After all, they have a gravel-voiced boss who never disciplines anyone.  There, rant over.  

So Cruz doesn't want to be a lieutenant now, just because Severide patted him on the head and said "Good job."?  Okay then.

• Like 3

I just never understand why Severide and Stella never talk about the time she went to Boston for Girls on Fire and kept extending her stay with little to no communication to Severide.  Or anyone else, for that matter.  I feel like I remember even Boden was like, "Wtf?  When is she coming back?  She's not talking to me, either."

I get it's a problem that Severide went away for arson and didn't communicate with Stella.  And then he doesn't seem to have adequately explained to Stella why he was so radio silent.  But why is it like Stella doing something similar (first) never happened?

I am loving Rome Flynn on the show.  Also am very happy that Carver is getting average amount of screen time and storylines now.  Last season was so Carver-heavy it seemed like they were positioning him to be the new male lead.  (While overestimating how much the audience wants that.)  I honestly am so surprised they still have the actor as a recurring guest star based on how much they featured him last year.