Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Prophecy Comes True

• Start Topic

It's been almost a week and I'm still feeling the effect of seeing Lance Reddick's beautiful face on my screen.  What a wonderful casting choice. He's a great loss. 

I enjoyed the interaction between Percy and Poseidon more than I did in the reading of it.  Toby Stevens really sold the sadness and loss knowing he is hurting Percy and Sally and he can't prevent it. 

I wish we got a little more of Annabeth's reaction to Luke.  I think Leah Jeffries did well with it. But I feel like she's capable of more than the scene allowed for.

All in all, I'm looking forward a second season if we get one. 

• Like 3

@RachelKM I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I think this finale had several really special moments — Lance Reddick as Zeus, Poseidon and Percy finally coming face to face, Sally’s return (even in a dream). I would have liked a little more of both Annabeth and Grover, but hopefully that’s just something to look forward to in Season 2. I really hope we get a Season 2.

• Like 1

I thought this was a good finale, it made me really excited to see what happens next. Very bittersweet seeing Lance Reddick, whoever they get to play Zeus in the future will have big shoes to fill. 

I loved Sally telling Percy not to call Kronos, god of the Titans, grandpa. 

• Like 2

so the camp is only during the summer?  and the demi-gods are 'just fine' the rest of the school year?  and where is Percy going to school now?  regular public school because now he 'knows' what he is and isn't going to be as affected by mythical beings?

and why did Luke have to 'escape' camp?  wasn't it going to be over soon?  or was it because Percy would find out he didn't tell anyone about Clarissa (because it was him that stole the bolt)?

where did Annabeth go after camp in prior years before she decided to return to her dad?

will Gabe's statue still be there when Sally gets back?  did medusa's head turn to stone too and is now no longer dangerous?  

I too had initially thought Hades' invisibility helm was a way of referring to Annabeth's cap and was worried.  

5 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

so the camp is only during the summer?  and the demi-gods are 'just fine' the rest of the school year?  and where is Percy going to school now?  regular public school because now he 'knows' what he is and isn't going to be as affected by mythical beings?

and why did Luke have to 'escape' camp?  wasn't it going to be over soon?  or was it because Percy would find out he didn't tell anyone about Clarissa (because it was him that stole the bolt)?

where did Annabeth go after camp in prior years before she decided to return to her dad?

will Gabe's statue still be there when Sally gets back?  did medusa's head turn to stone too and is now no longer dangerous?  

I too had initially thought Hades' invisibility helm was a way of referring to Annabeth's cap and was worried. 

Some demigods stay at camp all year around. Annabeth is one of them when the show starts.   After she arrived with Thalia and Luke she stayed. 

Most of your questions are answered in the books, since there is a second season I assume they will tell us what happens to Gabe’s body and the head of medusa. 

• Like 1