Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

S03.E01: That Was Me in Grade 9

bc2c8830ba1754e1694b30a126f0db97.jpg

On the first day of ninth grade, Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) is eager to begin his final year of elementary school. Finally, he’ll be at the top of the social food chain! But when Mark discovers that he needs glasses, his cool guy dreams come tumbling down. 

Premiere Date: January 25, 2024        CW       8pm

Next New Episode (New Time): February 1, 2024        CW       9pm

S03.E02: Reach for the Top

GET4BbQWQAAXqn-?format=jpg&name=medium

WINNERS – When Mark and his friends are chosen to compete on “Reach for The Top,” they train day and night so they can bring home the glory. But when the game starts and they face Mark’s crush Cara, Mark’s heart sets his brain to stun. 

Premiere Date: February 1, 2024        CW       9pm

p26358581_e_h9_aa.jpg

S03.E03: You're Full of It

65b173623c852.image.jpg

NOTHING LIKE FAMILY – Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) faces bathroom woes. Fox (Sophia Powers) finds herself parenting her brothers. Poppy Bell visits and family tensions rise. Mark heroically sacrifices himself to lighten Fox’s load, and Mike Sr. (Mark Critch) finally stands up to his father-in-law

Premiere Date: February 8, 2024        CW       9pm

The Fox story line is really turning bittersweet.  I do appreciate the storyline as her imperfect family struggles and she tries to fill in when she can.

I smile every time she  intimidates her brothers - - - I never had that power, they just kept doing whatever......

I really do love this show.

• Like 2

S03.E04: Growing Pains

1255132.jpg

HARD TO LET GO – When Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) realizes his friends think his comic book collection is immature, Mark impulsively sells them all and quickly regrets it.

Premiere Date: February 15, 2024        CW       9pm

S03.E05: Bonfire Night

1257541.jpg

Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) and his friends are excited for Bonfire Night – an annual St. John’s tradition where bonfires are lit all over town. However, their innocent night takes a turn when Fox (Sophia Powers) gets roped into her brother’s illegal activities.

Premiere Date: February 22, 2024        CW       9pm

(edited)

S03.E06: Thanksgiving

cbc_sonofacritch_s03e08_thumbnail_v02.pn

When Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) takes directing the school play too seriously and drives everyone away, he finds himself without a cast and crew. Mark stubbornly tries to perform the play alone but realizes he’s not a one-man-show.

Premiere Date: February 29, 2024        CW       9pm

Originally Season 3 episode 8 (Possibly shown out of order in Canada)

Edited by AnimeMania

I'm here too, so that makes a duet😁

I very much enjoy the show.  This epis emphasis on getting along with your siblings was right on target.  One of the great joys of my adult life was the friendship of my brothers.  Noone would have predicted that I bet.

I really am sorry that it seems to be slipping past the US viewing public.

guess i'll play the kazoo!

i thought Mark did a wonderful job with his one-man show

in a few episodes, i have not been too happy with the show but seems in the last few minutes they always pull off something touching and significant.

• Like 1

AND>>>>>>>(drum roll)

We are a quartet

cinsays - - - the kazoo is all yours

I really think the young actor playing Mark is doing a great job.  Being a kid is hard and often confusing and he portrays that perfectly.

• Like 1

I’m watching also. It’s jarring seeing how much Mark has grown. And that play about sex & birth control seemed so out of character. I wish Grandpas brother had stayed . He has no one in NJ. He could have sold his house for a fortune & bought something in Newfoundland for him & his brother. Grandpa should have begged him to stay. How sad. 

• Like 1

The first time I saw 'Tall' Mark I laughed out loud.  What a transformation.

The first season of the show Mark is shorter than Fox and now he is many inches taller.

I remember those days well.  I wound up being tall for a girl, so I always stayed standing at mixers so a short boy wouldn't ask me to dance.  I told everyone I didn't want to embarrass the boy.....but it was really all about me.

Can be a tough time of life for sure.

S03.E07: The Ghosts of Christmas Presents

cbc_sonofacritch_s03e09_thumbnail_v01.pn

MERRY CHRISTMAS – It’s Christmas time and Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) discovers “Santa” has come early when he finds his brand-new gaming system hidden in the house. Mark can’t help himself and starts playing with his gift, but he has to keep it under wraps

Premiere Date: March 7, 2024        CW       9pm
Originally Season 3 episode 9

Critch-GhostsofChristmasPresents.thumb.jpg.857e0ddf40a4df869d12bac0b4d6a17e.jpg

S03.E08: My Funny Valentine

65db21ddc0785.jpg

A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE – It’s Valentine’s Day and Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) is elated to find he has not one, but TWO valentines! But juggling two girls turns out to be harder than Mark expected, and so instead of two plus-ones, Mark ends up with none.

Premiere Date: March 14, 2024        CW       9pm
Originally Season 3 episode 6

1260269.jpg

Next Week Back to Back Episodes: 9pm & 9:30pm

S03.E09: Go into the Light
sonofacritch03-07a.thumb.jpg.47618a05aeb50098121b29938ce37973.jpg

EXISTENTIAL CRISIS – When Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) has a near-death experience after falling into a pool, he’s left questioning life, death, and the afterlife. Is there a God? Has he chosen the right one? And most importantly, does this change how Fox (Sophia Powers) feels about him?

Premiere Date: March 21, 2024        CW       9pm
Originally Season 3 episode 7

cbc_sonofacritch_s03e07_thumbnail_v01.jp

S03.E10: How to Succeed in Business

cbc_sonofacritch_s03e10_thumbnail_v01.jp

MIXING BUSINESS AND PLEASURE – When Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) starts a business venture as a school project, he quickly realizes that running a profitable company is more than having a good haircut, talking loudly, and exploiting underlings.

Premiere Date: March 21, 2024        CW       9:30pm
Originally Season 3 Episode 10

Next Week: Back to Back Episodes

S03.E11: Airing Out

1273839.jpg

SO MUCH MORE THAN SPRING CLEANING – The Critch’s are doing their annual Airing Out ritual, which freshens the contents of the house for spring. But, when some family secrets are uncovered, it turns out they’ve got some dirty laundry that needs to be aired, too.

Premiere Date: March 28, 2024        CW       9pm

S03.E12: Cabaret

1275914.jpg

WHO AM I? – When Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) finally gets the chance to take the stage as a stand-up comedian, he realizes he doesn’t have his own distinct voice. And so, Mark draws inspiration from those who matter the most to him.

Premiere Date: March 28, 2024        CW       9:30pm

21 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

S03.E11: Airing Out

1273839.jpg

SO MUCH MORE THAN SPRING CLEANING – The Critch’s are doing their annual Airing Out ritual, which freshens the contents of the house for spring. But, when some family secrets are uncovered, it turns out they’ve got some dirty laundry that needs to be aired, too.

Premiere Date: March 28, 2024        CW       9pm

S03.E12: Cabaret

1275914.jpg

WHO AM I? – When Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) finally gets the chance to take the stage as a stand-up comedian, he realizes he doesn’t have his own distinct voice. And so, Mark draws inspiration from those who matter the most to him.

Premiere Date: March 28, 2024        CW       9:30pm

airing out episode not on here due to a ball game

but cabaret was on and I really enjoyed it!

sweet interaction between mark's mom and his brother's pregnant girlfriend and a nice moment with mark and his dad at the end

The jokes we saw weren't really that insulting to his dad-- it was more laughing at the way small town life is (which I found funny, as I live in one). And we saw in the beginning that the audience loves Mike (before Mark even started telling any jokes). It's too bad Mike missed that part, because it might have changed his mind about exactly what was happening.

Mark would still be in trouble for forging the signature, taking the jacket, and skipping school, but maybe not so much for the jokes themselves.

In "Airing Out" I thought Richie's description of his dad's "Talk" was hilarious and I really want to know what the specific 10 things were and which ones he considered scary.

8 hours ago, cinsays said:

airing out episode not on here due to a ball game

You should watch it on the CW app/site since I don't think it will be aired again and the next episode is the Season Finale.

• Like 1

S03.E13: Forever Young

cbc_sonofacritch_s03e13_thumbnail_v01.jp

(Season Finale)

It’s the end of the school year, and Mark (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) is faced with the changes and challenges ahead, but when he’s tasked with giving the graduation speech, Mark takes some time to reflect on how his friends and family have shaped him.

Premiere Date: April 4, 2024        CW       9pm