Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Episode 2

• Start Topic

1uYBL6He4FwFj6n6BhYshrS6edF.jpg

The tragedy of the horrific murders is felt by all in the town. Pulled out of retirement, Spade (Clive Owen) begins to investigate, while Teresa (Cara Bossom) keeps her cards close to her chest. But no one is safe, and Spade may unknowingly put himself in the crosshairs.

Premiere Date: January 21, 2024      Acorn TV/AMC+/AMC at 9pm     

The shooter/motorcyclist seems light and small to be a man. Could it be Marguerite? She cares deeply about Sam and that’s obviously just a warning shot.

This show mentions about the Mahdi which means “divinely guided one”. The origin story of the occultation of Mahdi - a 6yo son of the 11th imam went into hiding to protect himself from the persecution of the reigning empire. Sounds familiar?

So, Philippe is trying so hard to protect this boy and his mother went into hiding with the nuns. What makes him so precious? Is Philippe a real baddie?

The character of painter George doesn’t really make sense. There’s something murky about why he’s there at Sam’s place and his timing. He’s taking notes too. Then there’s Cynthia the “mother”. Both have displayed some intrusive behaviors. I think they’re a couple of art thieves.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I’m finding it hard to watch because it seems to rely on so much that is visual to inform the viewer. To add to the confusion, the foreign language subtitles disappear too quickly to understand any speech longer than a phrase. I find myself rewinding numerous times to understand. The artist, Fitzsimmons annoys me as well, and his mother was just a bit too much. It also aggravates me that the cc spells the artist’s father’s name (St. John Fitzsimmons) “Singeon”! And the mother even pronounced it “sin-gee-un”. They just seem like annoying red herrings, but obviously they’re up to something. Whether it’s related to the main story is doubtful.

Surprising that the head nun was a resistance fighter, who later had a calling, but they did a good job with dialogue to explain her resulting situation.

Edited by Daff
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Daff said:

It also aggravates me that the cc spells the artist’s father’s name (St. John Fitzsimmons) “Singeon”! And the mother even pronounced it “sin-gee-un”. They just seem like annoying red herrings, but obviously they’re up to something. Whether it’s related to the main story is doubtful.

I think "Singeon" is one of those British slurred pronunciations, similar to the way that Magdalene College Oxford is pronounced "Maudlin", or Worcester "Wooster". I've seen St. John pronounced that way in other places.

I am also having trouble with following this show, although I'm not exactly sure why.

On 1/23/2024 at 4:55 AM, Rickster said:

I think "Singeon" is one of those British slurred pronunciations, similar to the way that Magdalene College Oxford is pronounced "Maudlin", or Worcester "Wooster". I've seen St. John pronounced that way in other places.

I am also having trouble with following this show, although I'm not exactly sure why.

Yes, St. John is often pronounced as SinJin or SinJun.

• Like 1

I do realize that, although most Americans don’t. All “Saint” beginnings are reduced to “sin”. I was just commenting on Mrs. Fitzsimmons’s need to turn the “John” , usually pronounced “jin”, into a three syllable meal!