Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E1: Governor Gavin Newsom, Andrew Sullivan and Ari Melber

• Start Topic

Airs January 19, 2024

Missed RT, glad it’s back!  Love Andrew Sullivan, he’s good at putting things in perspective.  I don’t love Ari Melber but he made some good points.

Newsom is such a politician, I don’t feel like I’m getting a straight answer.  He never really answers the questions, he spits out his talking points.

Sullivan pretty much saying that any of these court cases don't matter really infuriates me. It's basically legitimizing breaking the law and putting Trump on the above the law pedestal he wants so desperately be on. What a twat. 

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, hurrrz said:

Sullivan pretty much saying that any of these court cases don't matter really infuriates me. It's basically legitimizing breaking the law and putting Trump on the above the law pedestal he wants so desperately be on. What a twat. 

And of course, he was all about how 90% or more of the CEOs being white males is all about meritocracy while DEI programs are identity politics and quotas!

The same old conservative arguments for protecting white privilege at all costs.

Bill thinks DEI is same as woke, even though it's put in place by all these conservative large businesses.

Oh and he put up a poll showing that he's the most trusted TV personality in the US -- Billy Cronkite he called himself -- followed by Joe Rogan, Tucker Carlson and some other right-wing pundits and personalities.

Yeah he must really be proud to be in that company.  Who did that poll, Britbart or OAN?

• Like 9

It happened last week so maybe Bill ignores it but a door hatch off a Boeing 737 MAX 9 blew off while climbing after takeoff in Oregon.

Nobody died, fortunately.  But now there's talk that parents won't be able to hold infants or toddlers on flights because during rapid depressurization with the hole in the side of the plane, things can get sucked outside.  So things like clothes and phones flew out that hole.

Well the Boeing 737 Max has a very unfortunate history, with two planes crashing and hundreds of people dying.

The CEO and other executives of Boeing didn't get fired or even arrested.  They walked away with millions or tens of millions in gold parachutes and other executive compensation packages because the boards are a good old boys network, not about choosing the most qualified people as Sullivan was bloviating about -- his neck was glowing bright red.

Since that episode, over a thousand of 737 MAX plans have been put into service worldwide, though this particular model is newer and only about 200 were grounded.

Are the Boeing CEO and execs going to lose their jobs for the shoddy manufacturing which led to this incident?  Doesn't seem like it and even if they did, they'd be replaced by others with connections, not the most qualifications.

And they will likely be white males again.

The format of the show or any other TV show doesn't let them delve into some of the assertions that guests like Sullivan makes.  It would be easy to dig up examples of incompetence and malfeasance, to unravel his claims of meritocracy.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Newsom comes off as kind of a typical slick politician, but I still mostly like him. I agree with a majority of what he says, anyway.

The panel was a love/hate thing for me, as I love Ari Melber, can't stand Andrew Sullivan. He's a go-to guy for this show, unfortunately, and he gets more insufferable with every appearance. What a fool. And the braying trained seals that make up Bill's audience applaud for everything that comes out of his ignorant mouth.

Ugh.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
20 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Newsom comes off as kind of a typical slick politician, but I still mostly like him. I agree with a majority of what he says, anyway.

The panel was a love/hate thing for me, as I love Ari Melber, can't stand Andrew Sullivan. He's a go-to guy for this show, unfortunately, and he gets more insufferable with every appearance. What a fool. And the braying trained seals that make up Bill's audience applaud for everything that comes out of his ignorant mouth.

Ugh.

When I saw who was at the table, I told my husband I was going to be annoyed by the end. Andrew did not disappoint; I was annoyed.

It was my birthday too. I had to find a palate cleanser after watching like cake!😀

• LOL 2