Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Ghost in the Machine

Hey I just watched this one yesterday!

The main thing I got out of it?  Scully and Mulder have already settled into that lovely, lovely "it's me and you against the rest of these jokers" groove.  :)

• Love 1

I watched it too! The biggest thing that stood out was how good Scully looked compared to earlier this season. She finally has good hair.

I love that she takes care of herself in the ventilation shaft and it didn't end up with Mulder destroying the computer, saving her. Being in there looked really harrowing and I think it's a tense scene. And when she bursts in looking all disheveled, it's hilarious and awesome at the same time.

Mulder's ex-partner... Ugh, what a tool.

Edited by joelene
  • Love 2

I love that she takes care of herself in the ventilation shaft and it didn't end up with Mulder destroying the computer, saving her. Being in there looked really harrowing and I think it's a tense scene. And when she bursts in looking all disheveled, it's hilarious and awesome at the same time.

That is precisely why I cannot help but think of this episode fondly despite it being so stupid.  I hardly ever watch it, mind you, but I hold it in regard in spite of itself.

• Love 1

That is precisely why I cannot help but think of this episode fondly despite it being so stupid.  I hardly ever watch it, mind you, but I hold it in regard in spite of itself.

Scully is such a lovely character.  I wish I had appreciated her more in my youth.   

Well, we never got all the details of his and Diana's love life.

BA-DA-BING.

LOL.   Well, I didn't mean that literally.  But touche... LOL  

Taryn might win the internet today.

Edited by queequeg
  • Love 1

Well, we never got all the details of his and Diana's love life.

BA-DA-BING.

And with that comment, I am dead.  And also, reminded of the blooper for this very episode. 

I haven't rewatched yet.  That's tomorrow's project.

• Love 1

Oh hey, I finally watched this episode!   Thoughts...

This is the episode where Mulder makes a lot of bad jokes:

Maybe Drake was talking to someone right before he did his Ben Franklin impersonation.

and

Open, Sesame!  (followed by a really unimpressed Scully face)

I also adore this exchange:

SCULLY: How come you two went your separate ways?

MULDER: I'm a pain in the ass to work with.

SCULLY: Seriously.

MULDER: I'm not a pain in the ass? We had different career goals. Jerry wanted the fifth floor.

SCULLY: And you?

MULDER: I was gunning for a basement office with no heat or windows.

And we get blessings like this caring moment:

ighost004.jpg

and badass Scully:

ighost107.jpg

I also have to say, the more I watch the X-Files the more it become apparent that for Mulder and all his trust no one talk, he is a really trusting, loyal guy.  I mean look at Jerry.  One terrible, crappy ex-partner and even after he's broken his trust and stolen his profile and passed it off as his own, he still lets Jerry back in.

Edited by queequeg
  • Love 2

He changed it to "trust everyone," didn't he tell you?

I LOL'ed because it's true.

I love that pic of badass Scully. Made even better by the fact she's crawling in the air duct in her socks.

Is Ice next? I need to watch that again. For approximately the 800th time.

I just watched this. God help me, it's not as bad as I remember and I liked it well enough.

The worst: Scully drawing on the monitor. And the C.O.S. at the end: Why?

I won't go into the other stupidities. There is plenty.

The best: Scully McClaning in the vents and her expression when the shady agent tells her she has no idea what's going on.

It says pretty much: dude, I just shot a fan in my socks. Don't piss me off.

Young Scully is adorable. And awesome.

I think Mulder just didn't care enough to take credit for this at that point since they still thought it was the "scruffy" guy. Sigh. I can't be bothered to look up how to spell his name.

• Love 1