Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Tarantela Telaraña

jenrising
  • Start Topic

In the past, doctors in Sweden and Belgium suspect that Dr. Macchiarini is not running animal trials and is instead experimenting on people. Benita realizes Paolo’s promises are lies and uncovers dark secrets from his past.

Available 12/21 on Peacock.

Kim really does Benita a huge favor and saves her a lot of headaches by taking time to Google Pope’s official schedule online. She obviously can smell a dead rat implanted with an artificial trachea from miles away.

It’s all smoke and mirrors.

A chilling revelation re Paolo experimenting on people and the lack of due diligence from Karolinska.

• Like 2

Paolo was a master manipulator, in all aspects of his life.   He sprinkles just enough truth on top of his pile of lies that he kept people in the dark.  He also dangled what he knew people wanted.  Benita wanted this perfect romance with a famous fancy doctor.   The hospital wanted the prestige and the money that would follow.   He kept everyone on the take. 

Watching the patient in so much pain while Paolo just couldn't give a damn was so hard to watch.  

I do find it interesting in the dramatized version that they are having Benita figure things out and get into investigator mode much earlier than she did IRL.  Maybe that's a kindness in the retelling of the story.  

On 12/23/2023 at 2:50 PM, shelley1234 said:

I do find it interesting in the dramatized version that they are having Benita figure things out and get into investigator mode much earlier than she did IRL.  Maybe that's a kindness in the retelling of the story.  

Agree, they gave Benita a really good edit in the series.  I watched this story on Dateline or 20/20, and the real life Benita was unlikeable IMO.  I remember thinking she was kinda dumb for not investigating the ‘magic’ doctor more for her story on him.  And even dumber not to do background check when she ended up in a relationship with him!

I don’t care how charming the guy was,  once I heard him say the POPE (!!) agreed to marry 2  divorced people (!!) in a Catholic Church (!!), I would have been calling bullshit.  Then on top of that, telling me Elton John, the Obamas,  Andrea Bocelli, and scores of other global celebrities would be in attendance??? Bye bye bye.

• Like 3