Type keyword(s) to search

Mike: Serial Dater

Whimsy

Here's your Mike topic.  I am open to suggestions for a new thread title.  Too many to set up to be witty and I don't know these people yet.  I haven't watched any live feeds.

From the Utopia Website:

Mike Quinn, 33, single
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
“My strengths are definitely in government, not in working,” says lawyer Mike, a serial dater who’s packing work boots… for some other Utopian to wear. “We have a much better chance of creating a society if I’m managing the rules.”

While they were showing his bio he was seen wandering the streets of NYC, standing on the courthouse steps, etc. and was wearing the cheapest, most ill-fitting suit I have ever seen.  Not exactly how one would picture a sharp, NY lawyer.  In fact, he looked very uncomfortable in that suit...almost as if he had never worn one before.

Edited by dogfish
  • Love 3

I thought the same thing, dogfish.  Good point DeLurker.  I didn't even think of that. 

Why does his bio say "Serial Dater"?  I don't like that anymore for his thread.  We should change it to something more lawyer-y.  Any suggestions?  

Or with what we know now, he was fired on suspicion of embezzling.  They couldn't prove it because every time they brought it up, he started hooting and yelling like some outraged chimpanzee, and banging on the table, so they just fired him and washed their hands of the whole thing; it was only about $50 in snack foods that he stole, after all.

• Love 2

Or with what we know now, he was fired on suspicion of embezzling.  They couldn't prove it because every time they brought it up, he started hooting and yelling like some outraged chimpanzee, and banging on the table, so they just fired him and washed their hands of the whole thing; it was only about $50 in snack foods that he stole, after all.

I doubt it since at a firm of that size someone at his level never even sees money.  Mostly they're used for grunt work like researching or basic writing  Honestly, firms like that are the worst and while they pay well, they have a ridiculously high turn over due to burn out (a lot of those lawyers end up leaving the profession). 

I'm not a fan of Mike (or any of these people for that matter) but I'd venture to say he either quit to pursue acting or was fired due to poor work (or because he would work 16-20 hour a day 6-7 days a week).  Either way I don;t give anyone gruff for no longer working for a firm like that.

• Love 1

Oh, I was joking; in the live feed threads, it's well documented that Mike- who is ostensibly in charge of accounting- has been seen stealing money and covering for a few others who do so. Further, he throws a sudden fit when other suspicious cast members start asking about where all the money is being spent, or how it is that "chef" Aaron and his bottom girl Kristen have extra food while the rest seem to be running out and getting tiny portions. This temper tantrum Mike throws helps derail an honest and important question into one of those "airing of grievances" angry shouty arguments, until everyone is so wrapped up in, say, defending themselves from charges of racism by Aaron that not only do they forget about the money issue, but wind up apologize to the "wronged" parties for accusing them of stealing money and hoarding food.

Which they've actually done.

Repeatedly.

Including and especially Mike.

I don't know why he quit, and doubt he was fired... but his ethics and integrity are provably non-existent, over a few dollars no less, so I was mocking his behavior on this show with that joking hypothetical.

• Love 5
This temper tantrum Mike throws helps derail an honest and important question into one of those "airing of grievances" angry shouty arguments

Do they have to be holding an aluminum pole during these "airing of grievances" ? So, when is Festivus this year  ? </Seinfeld>

• Love 2