Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The More the Merrier

Artsda
  • Start Topic

As the holidays get underway, visiting relatives bring drama to town. Mel and Jack try to track down the author of the mysterious letters to her mother. 

Finding Mel's father happened faster than I thought it would. The hunt with going kind of like a scavenger hunt was fun, like waiting in the line for Santa. 

So everyone knows about the baby and are great with it. 

I enjoyed the Christmas theme of Virgin River.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Finding Mel's father happened faster than I thought it would.

I'll say. In one scene, Jack calls Preacher - who just happens to be in the same place - and asks him to call "his guy" to find Mel's father. Then, without even asking for his name, Preacher says "sure" and walks away. Next scene, Preacher's "guy" has found Mel's father! And I was yelling "You didn't even tell him his name!"

Now, I assume at some point between those two conversations, Preacher contacted Jack to say his guy agreed to help and and that point Jack sent him what little info they had on Mel's father, including his name. But the way it played out was laughable, literally. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Now, I assume at some point between those two conversations, Preacher contacted Jack to say his guy agreed to help and and that point Jack sent him what little info they had on Mel's father, including his name. But the way it played out was laughable, literally. 

I agree. It was all too neat and convenient. Also, how can someone live in Virgin River and not already be known by everyone. Especially, a good-looking "golden" bachelor. Wouldn't those knitting ladies have already scoped him out?

• Like 5
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

I enjoyed the Christmas theme of Virgin River.

The decorations were hilariously over the top, as is usual with this show. Virgin River (the town) needs to give classes in how to rebound after a natural disaster.

I really hated how Mel kept asking for jewelry as a Christmas present. Yes, because that's all we wimmins are interested in.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really hated how Mel kept asking for jewelry as a Christmas present. Yes, because that's all we wimmins are interested in

I agree. It was cringe-worthy and very unlike practical, down-to-earth Mel.

"Hey, Mel, you don't have to beg Jack for anything, he loves you and wants to see you happy. But, honestly, did you really trust clue-less Jack to pick up a piece of jewelry that you would like? I hope he kept the receipt.' 

On 12/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, MaryHedwig said:

I agree. It was all too neat and convenient. Also, how can someone live in Virgin River and not already be known by everyone. Especially, a good-looking "golden" bachelor. Wouldn't those knitting ladies have already scoped him out?

Not to mention, how can the former postmaster Chip only know the guy by his nickname Champ, when he rented a post office box? I'm pretty sure you would have to rent under your actual name, not a nickname. 

I would imagine that Champ will show up again next season (assuming there is one), likely being saved in some manner or another by the daughter he wanted nothing to do with. 

Edited to add: Ha, should have known better than to post before I finished the final epi of the season. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 1