Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Art & Science

• Start Topic

OK I'm...curious about how a house put a piece of paper into an envelope. But I don't imagine we'll get an answer.

Other than the house faking Susan's quitting, the rest of the ep was pretty lame. Even Augie's 2001 encounter wasn't very interesting.

• Like 3
On 11/1/2023 at 11:26 PM, Starchild said:

Even Augie's 2001 encounter wasn't very interesting.

I figure all that information was downloaded into Augie’s brain, a la Chuck - remember Chuck? And then, when he needs it, the information will be available to him.

I wish they had gone into more detail about the woman ghost in the house; they didn't develop her too well and I think she would have been very interesting.

• Like 1

I thought it was going to come out that she was the painter and her husband was passing her work off as his own. But then that wouldn't square with the info that he was bribing critics for reviews.

So I guess it was a commentary on the sexism of the time keeping talented women sidelined. Definitely an underdeveloped aspect of the episode.

• Like 2
On 11/1/2023 at 8:26 PM, Starchild said:

OK I'm...curious about how a house put a piece of paper into an envelope. But I don't imagine we'll get an answer.

I found that jarring as well.  I'm really wondering if they bother to explain it, and if so,how.

I'm willing to accept that it was able to slide the envelope under the door, since we've seen the walls move. I'll even let them get away with the envelope being unsealed; say, the driver sealed it himself when he picked it up. (Note: I think I'm being very generous here.)

But inserting the paper? Walls, ceilings and floors just do not have that level of manual dexterity.

• LOL 1