Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10: Penn & Teller and Brooke Burke

• Start Topic

It wasn't that she faked a trip to Scotland; it seemed like this trip had been planned for a long time, but the opportunity to sneak onto Fool Us came up so she (and her mother) had to do all the fakery to make sure Penn didn't realize she wasn't in Scotland. 

It was quite the trick to pull off, and her magic was good too. :) I'm sure P&T were bursting with pride to be able to legit reward her the FU trophy like that. 

• Like 2
On 10/30/2023 at 2:30 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

I too want to know why Alyson is gone.  I preferred her on this. 

Well, I did too frankly, although I'm willing to give Brooke her chance.  It's kind of amusing to see people complaining about her being gone, since I remember when she took over people were saying how horrible she was at it, and they wanted  the guy who preceded her back (Jonathan Ross).

According to Google, Alyson Hannigan left to spend more time with her family.  She probably figured the experience had run its course and didn't want to devote time to another season.  Although I wonder how long it takes to do a season, I'm sure they do multiple shows in a day?  Probably less than a week.

Interesting season so far.  I'm getting used to Brooke as the host.  This last episode, episode three had no foolers in it.  That doesn't happen very often.  There was an early episode this season, could have been episode two, but I think it was episode one with Moxie, that had two foolers.

Usually they edit things so that there is one fooler per episode.  Looks like they've changed things up this season, which makes things less predictable.

• Like 1

I thought the segment with Penn's offspring, Moxie, was fantastic. At first I thought it was all a setup, but after watching a second time, I'm convinced he was really surprised to see them there.

And Moxie did a great job! Not surprising, since they've grown up with magic, and assisted the old man on stage many times, as well as performing on their own.

I think Moxie really did fool the guys, too.

Edited by NoReally
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, NoReally said:

And Moxie did a great job! Not surprising, since they've grown up with magic, and assisted the old man on stage many times, as well as performing on their own.

Wow, there's somebody else in here!  This makes me wonder something.  Penn is always talking about how he and Teller are not friends, just business partners.  And that's how they have avoided the acrimony and bitterness other entertainment duos have suffered (Lennon and McCartney, Simon and Garfunkel, Martin and Lewis, etc).

But they said Moxie calls Teller Uncle Teller, and that he has taught her magic through the years.  One wonders how that happens if they really aren't friends.  Does Teller just see her backstage now and then?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, rmontro said:

But they said Moxie calls Teller Uncle Teller, and that he has taught her magic through the years.  One wonders how that happens if they really aren't friends.  Does Teller just see her backstage now and then?

I wonder about that, too. In light of some of the photos they showed with Teller and Moxie, I'd say the P&T relationship is closer than Penn suggests. But, who knows?

• Like 1

Had to mention Helen Coghlan becoming a six time fooler on the show (record holder).  Sometimes I'm a little suspicious that they give a pass to some of their more legenday performers, but I have no idea how she did that trick with the vinyl record either. 

• Like 4