Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Download Doctor

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Did Ivan just kill Choak?

My goodness, I was crying at Ingrid running away from the guy in Lakeview and real life, and getting yanked to the floor because she was still plugged in.  That was fantastic physical comedy, and her just lying there frozen.  And then there was her beating the hell out of the guy with a stool.  I want to know how many takes they had to do, no way would I have been able to keep a straight face watching both of those.

Good to see one of Nathan's exes from his funeral returning, and still being a nice character.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Jediknight said:

He wanted to be downloaded, then uploaded into a machine. I am not sure if that happened or not. That was probably the device required to transfer him into a machine.

Is it just me or does Nathan seem kind of dopey in a way that he wasn't in the first two seasons. Both downloaded and reboot Nathans, just seem to be blithely going along with things in a slightly vacant manner. It's striking me as either bad writing in a failed attempt at humour or a sign that for some reason, when a person exists as two separate consciousnesses, neither of them exists to their full potential and they will have to merge into each other at the end of the season.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AllyB said:

Is it just me or does Nathan seem kind of dopey in a way that he wasn't in the first two seasons. Both downloaded and reboot Nathans, just seem to be blithely going along with things in a slightly vacant manner. It's striking me as either bad writing in a failed attempt at humour or a sign that for some reason, when a person exists as two separate consciousnesses, neither of them exists to their full potential and they will have to merge into each other at the end of the season.

The person who could hack into any computer system and take control vs. the one who has to scrounge through trash just to stay alive?

It is strange that everybody has a built-in hand phone, but nobody seems to have a computer. Seems weird that Nora could buy a computer, but doesn't have enough money to eat.

• Like 1

Why are Ingrid and Nathan still living in their suite, if they don't have money? Does Ingrids family pay for the basic room, but not the extras? If the AI was immediately cut off why was Luke operational enough to go to the call center--which is a great job for him, apparently.  If then new digital Nathan falls apart into pixel/cheese chunks...what is the meaning of getting paid in chunks of cheese?  Why does anyone rent suits in this world with the widespread delivery?

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

It is strange that everybody has a built-in hand phone, but nobody seems to have a computer. Seems weird that Nora could buy a computer, but doesn't have enough money to eat.

Most people don't need a computer. Even today, most people can read books, bank, shop, social network, etc, on their phones--and scan, make and open pdfs...text, write letters, indulge in wireless printing as necessary.  We've also seen that the hand units can expand to at least tablet sized. I wonder if there is a touch typing function? there is voice recognition, though. Nora said something about freelancing, so it is possible she could get a computer along with a job. Or she had someone mail her one she already owned.  She is still a person in the world, with documents and references. 

Choaks may be right about downloaded Nathan and still suffering digital dementia, eg Ghoulbusters?

I think population must be a real problem. If you solved downloading it would get even worse.

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1
On 10/27/2023 at 7:51 AM, Jediknight said:

My goodness, I was crying at Ingrid running away from the guy in Lakeview and real life, and getting yanked to the floor because she was still plugged in.  That was fantastic physical comedy, and her just lying there frozen.  And then there was her beating the hell out of the guy with a stool.  I want to know how many takes they had to do, no way would I have been able to keep a straight face watching both of those.

Good to see one of Nathan's exes from his funeral returning, and still being a nice character.

Ingrid is hilarious. "No eyelids, honey." "oh!" 😆