Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor 45: Previews and Speculation (No Spoilers)

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

Well miss Hannah, missing  your bed and your nicotine,  you took someone  else's  spot! Sigh. Jeff hates  a quitter, me too.
Kaleb is very athletic, he's from Canada it said,  stay as long as the merge at least.
Next to go should  be Emily, what a snark. Ugh.
Brandon  just has extreme anxiety   I hope it will get better, it happened  to a previous  competitor. 

Oh that Emily is the worst. She was dissing her own tribemates. Can't even talk about Hannah, just glad as she said, someone won't go home who really wants to be there. Compare what Sabiyah went through with those logs, that Hannah didn't, and Sabiyah still wants to be there! I hope Brandon can get hold of himself in time to play the game for real. 

What production puts them through is tougher now than it used to be. There hasn't been a quitter (not counting medical evacs) in a long time. They get vetted more thoroughly now, but it isn't prison, so they can leave if they want. 

(edited)

Next week:

Drew is caught digging (I'm guessing it's for Austin's idol), and Dee and Julie catch him.  Dee compares it to catching a boyfriend cheating.

Sabiyah throws Kaleb's name out to a shocked Emily.

Possible medical emergency with Jake.

Winning tribe gets to raid another tribe's camp (probably whoever finishes first at the IC).

Kendra/Kellie (sorry, can't tell them apart) says something about 'losing her' and then something is bleeped out.  Thought she said friend after that, and then we saw the clip of Jake, but not sure what she was referring to.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1

Here's the episode description for next week.  Looks like a separate RC and IC.

“No Man Left Behind” – Tribes must hook a win in the reward challenge to earn a large fruit platter and the chance to raid the camp of one of the losing tribes. Then, tribes will roll their way to a win to earn safety for one more night, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 11, (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) 

(edited)

Next week: tribe swap!  Emily says it is music to a girl's ears; Bruce says something like building new memories and then backstab each other; a shot of Reba members and someone saying they gotta pivot; Jake saying he's gotta be ready to jump ship so thank god he's a good swimmer.

I'll put this in spoiler tags but it looks like these contestants get switched to these tribes:

Spoiler

Bruce and Jake, Lulu; Emily, Belo.  Sifu is wearing a red buff but going through a yellow bag, so maybe someone from Lulu's and he's  looking to see if they have an idol or advantage?

Edited by LadyChatts

Next week:

Sifu isn't happy his name was written down.  Emily is seen being courted by Brando and Kendra to be part of their alliance, and Austin says something about revenge and this being war.  Jake looks like he's close to passing out again and said it'd stab him in the heart if he had to leave.

• Like 1

Next week:

Merge time!  It looks like they are maybe merging at Reba beach?

Sifu's already being Sifu.  Drew thinks his Reba 4 is the strongest 4 and they can squash everyone (for the love of God let him go next).  Bruce tells Kaleb he is powerful right now, even if he doesn't realize it, and Kaleb says in a talking head he's not Batman-he's a Canadian.

• Like 1

Merge already? They just swapped tribes a couple days ago in the game. I guess I don't see the point in doing the swap at all. A 13 person merge tribe. Should be interesting how this plays out.

Yes, Drew can leave next please.

3 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Merge already? They just swapped tribes a couple days ago in the game. I guess I don't see the point in doing the swap at all. A 13 person merge tribe. Should be interesting how this plays out.

Yes, Drew can leave next please.

I’m guessing it’ll follow the new era format where they merge, but are split into two tribes.  And half of the group has immunity but still votes.  

On 10/26/2023 at 1:58 AM, LadyChatts said:

I’m guessing it’ll follow the new era format where they merge, but are split into two tribes.  And half of the group has immunity but still votes.  

I agree.  The wording for "charging" the two idols stated that the first sacrificed vote empowered the idol until "all the players were on the same beach".  Not "the merge". 

So we're most likely sticking with around half of the cast (since they're uniting at an odd number) being in Mergatory.

• Like 1

Next week:

Double elimination (so are they divided into two tribes again?)  If so I hope Austin can't skirt by with his idol again and has to actually vote.

Jake sees a Reba/Belo war coming and he needs to take control.

Bruce, Dee, and Kaleb's names get thrown out.

On 11/1/2023 at 8:31 PM, LadyChatts said:

If so I hope Austin can't skirt by with his idol again and has to actually vote.

He's done with having to sacrifice his vote to empower his idol; it's fully charged to F5 now.  So unless there's some other reason he can't, Austin will be voting at the next TC.

46 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

He's done with having to sacrifice his vote to empower his idol; it's fully charged to F5 now.  So unless there's some other reason he can't, Austin will be voting at the next TC.

I can’t keep track of all these different rules lol I thought he had to keep sacrificing his vote.  I take back what I said earlier about liking the idols and advantages being more difficult.  I miss the days when someone found an idol and there were no strings attached, and advantages were simply steal-a-vote or extra vote (that people still managed to screw up).

Of course I’d make the exception to Bruce’s idol being a plain old idol.  I get it was Sabiyah’s reburied one, but still, I wish it wasn’t that easy for him.  Also, did anyone ever find Belo’s idol that we know of?

• Like 2

Next week: 

Bruce is sad his closest ally is gone, not realizing Kellie was actually gunning for him.

Emily tells Austin that if Dee is in the final 3 she wins, but Austin doesn't want to blindside Dee (hmm, maybe that reality check is coming sooner rather than later for Emily).

At a challenge, 3 people lose their vote (because why the heck not!)  Looks like they are in groups of 3 at this challenge?  

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week: 

Bruce is sad his closest ally is gone, not realizing Kellie was actually gunning for him.

Emily tells Austin that if Dee is in the final 3 she wins, but Austin doesn't want to blindside Dee (hmm, maybe that reality check is coming sooner rather than later for Emily).

At a challenge, 3 people lose their vote (because why the heck not!)  Looks like they are in groups of 3 at this challenge?  

Of course 3 people lose their vote next week. The show loves taking player's votes away. Could Emily be in trouble for targeting Dee?

57 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Of course 3 people lose their vote next week. The show loves taking player's votes away. Could Emily be in trouble for targeting Dee?

This season should be titled Survivor 45: Someone Won't Have A Vote.  I assume it is meant to try and prevent a pagonging, but it's not like the Reba 4 (plus Emily) has a huge leg up in numbers.  Or maybe it's so people are less likely to throw a challenge?  

I am wondering if the preview really does spell trouble for Emily.  At least from the edit it seems like she doesn't have a clue about how close Dee and Julie are to Drew and Austin.  And even if Drew wanted to keep Emily, if Austin thought getting rid of her was best he'd probably go along with it.    

• Useful 1

Next week:

Emily and Bruce are strategizing.  She says if they take a shot they can't miss.

Drew and Jake are talking on the beach.  Apparently Drew's name is out there because he asks Jake 'why me', and him and Jake exchange words.  

Dee and Austin hug it out in the woods, and Katurah is talking to Julie while saying in a TH that it is a sick, twisted game.

Next week:

Dee/Austin get close.

Austin says every move they make is gonna hurt.

Drew wants Julie out next.

Dee tells Julie "no, don't do that" and looks concerned (in a TH, something about her world being in Julie's hands).

Julie said she's going rogue and that these people can save her or destroy her.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Dee/Austin get close.

Austin says every move they make is gonna hurt.

Drew wants Julie out next.

Dee tells Julie "no, don't do that" and looks concerned (in a TH, something about her world being in Julie's hands).

Julie said she's going rogue and that these people can save her or destroy her.

Hoping Julie plays Austin's idol, and Drew finally goes. Does Julie still have Austin's idol?

1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

Hoping Julie plays Austin's idol, and Drew finally goes. Does Julie still have Austin's idol?

She does!  I asked in the live chat because it came up with her name, and I was confused if that was a mistake or not (I forgot she had Austin’s idol).  I hope Julie doesn’t back down from whatever she’s planning.  Dee looked kind of worried so maybe she trying to get the idol back or something and Julie’s refusing.  Maybe she heard that Drew was throwing her name out so she targets him.  And I can’t believe Austin would use his only idol to save him.

• Useful 1

Next week:

Austin says that "this was an absolute disaster" and "Drew and Julie are at war with each other".

Katurah and Jake talk about blindsiding someone, and a TH of Jake saying he's a wolf in goat's clothing.

Shot of Dee and Austin sitting on the beach, with Austin saying they are so close and a TH of Dee saying you can't let your emotions get in your way and this is for a million dollars.

Next week: finale!

Jake's focused on the million dollars and people will be saying he didn't give up.  Dee says she wants to go home and be able to tell them she won.  

Katurah brings up to Julie about blindsiding Dee, and Julie says she is putting destiny back in her hands.  Katurah talks about being at the finish line, and Austin says he needs to make one final push.

Also a shot of Dee, Austin, and Jake running in the jungle so guessing there might be an advantage?  I think in the past it was something to help with the challenge.