Type keyword(s) to search

Stop Making Sense (1984, remastered and rereleased 2023)

StatisticalOutlier
  • Start Topic

Now this is a concert movie. 

In my area there are some IMAX screenings for a couple more days, and regular screens continue after that.  I'm gonna make the hour-long drive tomorrow to see the big suit really big.

The last time I saw it was about 15 years ago, on 35mm, which has its charms when it comes to authenticity, but old film prints can't help but be old film prints.  This should be awesome.

And speaking of the big suit, here's a funny promo:

• Like 3

I found this online and watched it a number of years back. Such a great concert, so much fun. It's impossible to sit still during this. 

I absolutely LOVE the live version of "Girlfriend is Better" from this concert:

If I'm not dancing to this, just assume it's because I'm dead :p. 

• Like 2

It was just as awesome as I'd hoped, and well worth two hours in the car.  The picture was fantastic and the sound was spectacular.  Sorry, University of Chicago, but this digital version blows your 35mm out of the water.

It's just masterful how they incrementally built the number of performers on stage.  It worked perfectly.  Plus everybody up there was so happy.  We barely even talked on the drive home because we were kind of dumbstruck. 

And such nostalgia!  If I didn't know better, I'd think the clothes in the 1980s were cute (and now that I think about it the big suit wasn't all that much bigger than regular clothes back then 😀).  And what a joy to see an audience experiencing the concert instead of just a sea of phone screens.  All you saw in shots from behind the audience was silhouettes of their heads while they were dancing.

It was pretty much a perfect experience.  Plus the theater is right next door to the only Schlotzsky' in Illinois.  Can't ask for much more than that.

• Like 3